Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
Superstock

Superstock seems to be a growing class, with the slow death of 3.6 in ppl on the national circuit, I only foresee the class getting bigger and keep growing as it is ever popular with the fans, enthusiasts and pullers themselves. No rule changes, no turbo bs, the versatility and cost vs other classes at this point, I only see it growing. Opinions on this??

Old 09-25-2018, 10:08 AM   #2
Rich dzl

Name: Rich dzl
Title: 12v guru
Member`s Gallery
Seeing trucks with oem frames and big single turbos doing good in the class , why not jump up .

Old 09-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #3
bigstacks95

Name: bigstacks95
Title: Diesel Doc
Member`s Gallery
I think a lot of us predicted years ago that the pro stock class was only temporary until people actually jumped into the SS class, or dropped to Limited pro. The class is defiantly growing tremendously.

58 Dodge Power Wagon 3.0 Limited Pro Stock diesel pulling truck

2020 Ram 3500 HO/Aisin Laramie/night tow rig

Old 09-25-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I said this a couple years ago too but I was certainly surprised when there were 30+ ProStock trucks at Scheid this year. I thought the class would be combined with Limited Pro by now.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #5
TheHammer

Member`s Gallery
Knowing we've had 14 trucks at a state hook and east coast has a handful aswell it didn't surprise me there were 30 3.6 trucks, but out of those 30 only 5 chased ppl points. No need for it to be a national class anymore. The local clubs are doing well with the 3" class. But why would someone spend big money on the latest turbo and injectors to be 50-100hp ahead from the previous year. When they can buy decent parts at a lesser cost and make 500+ more hp. With the light pro tractor class having changed turbo rules I foresee a few guys scooping up some of those 4.8+" chargers for half of what the top hp 3.6 charger is going to cost you... I only see the class growing.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #6
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
Knowing we've had 14 trucks at a state hook and east coast has a handful aswell it didn't surprise me there were 30 3.6 trucks, but out of those 30 only 5 chased ppl points. No need for it to be a national class anymore. The local clubs are doing well with the 3" class. But why would someone spend big money on the latest turbo and injectors to be 50-100hp ahead from the previous year. When they can buy decent parts at a lesser cost and make 500+ more hp. With the light pro tractor class having changed turbo rules I foresee a few guys scooping up some of those 4.8+" chargers for half of what the top hp 3.6 charger is going to cost you... I only see the class growing.
One caution I will make having built an OEM chassis and OEM bodied SS myself this year is the initial investment is more expensive than you might think. Most of the guys that have a big single or even 2 chargers have to have a pretty pricey pro stock charger to be competitive and drivable. Add on new injectors, a pump, chassis work/reinforcement, water injection....etc. and the bill adds up in a hurry.

After the initial investment I agree you may not have to spend as much to make more power but you are always spending money to find a better way to get the power to the track including better turbos that light at lower rpms.

To me the best part of the class is it's a driver's class and everyone is professional and there is very little if any *****ing.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #7
TheHammer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown95 View Post
One caution I will make having built an OEM chassis and OEM bodied SS myself this year is the initial investment is more expensive than you might think. Most of the guys that have a big single or even 2 chargers have to have a pretty pricey pro stock charger to be competitive and drivable. Add on new injectors, a pump, chassis work/reinforcement, water injection....etc. and the bill adds up in a hurry.

After the initial investment I agree you may not have to spend as much to make more power but you are always spending money to find a better way to get the power to the track including better turbos that light at lower rpms.

To me the best part of the class is it's a driver's class and everyone is professional and there is very little if any *****ing.
Well your truck and build is encouraging for guys like myself. Agreed there seems a good bit more professionalism in that class. Now I just need to find a driver.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #8
Sarafin

Name: Sarafin
Member`s Gallery
I would love for a 3.6 class to come in the Northeast. The truck numbers have been consistently growing year after year in the LPS class and we have a lot of committed guys, but adding a 3.6 class might split the trucks to too thin per class. However in my experiance after one pass with cut tires I feel like DOT tires just are not exciting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3.0 Pull truck - 'Smokin' Rodent'

Old 10-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #9
TheHammer

Member`s Gallery
How far north east are you? The second largest 3.6 class in the country is out of pa/Virginia/md..exc

Old 10-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #10
Burningtire

Name: Burningtire
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
How far north east are you? The second largest 3.6 class in the country is out of pa/Virginia/md..exc
He's in the New England region.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #11
DMDP

Name: DMDP
Title: Quitter
Member`s Gallery
What Sarafin said. I never planned on moving up, but was given the opportunity to run a serious cut tire truck in 2017. Pulling on DOT’s lost it’s adrenaline rush that day... Our class results flip ever weekend. You miss your setup, or don’t drive it just right you’ll find yourself 15ft behind a truck you beat the weekend before. Hell the limited pros at scheids this year had 30ish trucks jammed into the top 7ft. Felt like I was watching nascar.. call it competitive, I call it boring.. as for 3.6 falling apart, I don’t see that happening here locally atleast. but if it were to, I will be more likely to go SS then back to DOT’s

Pro Stock 3.6 "Crazy Ex"

Old 10-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #12
TheHammer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMDP View Post
What Sarafin said. I never planned on moving up, but was given the opportunity to run a serious cut tire truck in 2017. Pulling on DOT’s lost it’s adrenaline rush that day... Our class results flip ever weekend. You miss your setup, or don’t drive it just right you’ll find yourself 15ft behind a truck you beat the weekend before. Hell the limited pros at scheids this year had 30ish trucks jammed into the top 7ft. Felt like I was watching nascar.. call it competitive, I call it boring.. as for 3.6 falling apart, I don’t see that happening here locally atleast. but if it were to, I will be more likely to go SS then back to DOT’s
I as hoping to catch your insight on this as with a couple others on here. So you're saying that billet block I saw today on Kevin's floor wasn't yours? Had a pretty good time at the chaos event today. Got to shake a few hands. 3 SS trucks was a treat.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #13
DMDP

Name: DMDP
Title: Quitter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I as hoping to catch your insight on this as with a couple others on here. So you're saying that billet block I saw today on Kevin's floor wasn't yours? Had a pretty good time at the chaos event today. Got to shake a few hands. 3 SS trucks was a treat.
I’ll have to take off another year or 2 if I want that billet block in my junker!

I followed the chaos event as much as I could on Facebook today. What a cool event. I think the ride along idea was awesome. If I wasn’t stuck at work, I’d loved to ride out for the day just to hang out.

Pro Stock 3.6 "Crazy Ex"

Old 10-20-2018, 11:13 PM   #14
TheHammer

Member`s Gallery
Was kinda hoping you'd be there. I fly out here to meet up with some guys. I agree the ride along auction was pretty cool. Some of those passengers had life highlights because of it, plus the proceeds went to a good cause. Awesome to attend something positively impacting.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:11 PM   #15
lawnboy01

Name: lawnboy01
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Was kinda hoping you'd be there. I fly out here to meet up with some guys. I agree the ride along auction was pretty cool. Some of those passengers had life highlights because of it, plus the proceeds went to a good cause. Awesome to attend something positively impacting.
A good turn out for a great cause
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9D293E3F-778F-4533-BDE1-7E8E3F7855D9.jpeg (161.5 KB, 0 views)

Old 10-21-2018, 06:09 PM   #16
TheHammer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy01 View Post
A good turn out for a great cause
I wanted to come say hi to you, your truck sounded pretty healthy n seems you got it dialed in now, since not having Facebook I haven't been able to follow many of y'all. We just couldn't catch a break to make a pass n when we finally get the green light, damn turbo wanted to check.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:12 PM   #17
lawnboy01

Name: lawnboy01
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I wanted to come say hi to you, your truck sounded pretty healthy n seems you got it dialed in now, since not having Facebook I haven't been able to follow many of y'all. We just couldn't catch a break to make a pass n when we finally get the green light, damn turbo wanted to check.
Thanks, the truck really came around this season. My brother actually took the truck as I wasn’t able to go.

Closed Thread