Flow ratings?

The FF5320 has a 2micron rating when used as a secondary stage while the P551313 has no secondary stage rating... Also we don't know the % efficiency of the P551313.

The FF5320 is 5um absolute and 2um at 92%; the Donaldson P551313 is 3um at 98.7%, no secondary rating as the primary rating is as good as you can get with an absolute efficiency. The chart I posted above has that info. I do need to update the P551313 data, it's rated at 100 GPH.

If anything in that chart doesn't make sense shoot me a PM.. Back on topic

Last edited:
I wonder what it flows at 45 or 50psi...

-Dustin-

I did'nt ask for those numbers. Considering that gpm flow drops approx 15% for every 15 psi of pressure increase I would calculate approx 1.4 gpm @ 45psi, you will need to contact AirDog to verify that!

This is only part of a longer conversation I had with someone at Airdog:

"From what I've seen electric pumps are typically rated at free flow and as PSI increases the flow decreases. How are your pumps rated, I mean is the 165gph free flow or what?"

AD: "Our pumps are flow rated at the PSI they operate in"

"So the 12v version says 25-30 psi, it's rated at 165gph @ 25-30psi?"

AD: "Yes"

"What if I wanted to run the pump at a higher PSI, lets say 45-50, what would be the GPH at that PSI?"

AD: "It would barely change, if at all"

Unfortunately what I'm seeing here is it'd be more like 84gph rather than 165gph @ 45psi. And they are rated at free flow, which I suspected.

-Dustin-

"From what I've seen electric pumps are typically rated at free flow and as PSI increases the flow decreases. How are your pumps rated, I mean is the 165gph free flow or what?"

AD: "Our pumps are flow rated at the PSI they operate in"

"So the 12v version says 25-30 psi, it's rated at 165gph @ 25-30psi?"

AD: "Yes"

"What if I wanted to run the pump at a higher PSI, lets say 45-50, what would be the GPH at that PSI?"

AD: "It would barely change, if at all"

Unfortunately what I'm seeing here is it'd be more like 84gph rather than 165gph @ 45psi. And they are rated at free flow, which I suspected.

-Dustin-

BULLCHIT

The SAME pump can't flow identically at all pressures. Now, if they are changing motor RPM, or gerotor setup, OK

Chris

What are you laughing at Lee? My post, or the one I quoted?

I heard you were a dick on the internet, so I have to ask:D
Chris

Previous....I once got the same story shoved into my ears...sadly like most I believed it!

Last edited:
Well thats chitty I was under the understanding it was rated that at the given psi it was set at... It def makes enough noise to seem that way on my 12v vs the one on my cr

I've seen a few AD165's not be able to keep up with healthy 12mm p-pumps....I guess you are supposed to buy two pumps?

Can't say that I've called and asked their recommendations, but if the call would go like what I say up there, I don't need to.

Chris

I've seen a few AD165's not be able to keep up with healthy 12mm p-pumps....I guess you are supposed to buy two pumps?

Can't say that I've called and asked their recommendations, but if the call would go like what I say up there, I don't need to.

Chris

P7100's have 3 possible feed ports, so maybe 3 class8 Airdogs? :hehe:

BULLCHIT

The SAME pump can't flow identically at all pressures. Now, if they are changing motor RPM, or gerotor setup, OK

Chris

Correct. And that is what the new comp series pumps will be for. ;)

-Dustin-

Not sure who you spoke with and when but you were misinformed.

If it was recently i'll make sure that person is better informed and it doesn't happen again.

Last edited:
Not sure who you spoke with and when but you were misinformed.

If it was recently i'll make sure that person is better informed and it doesn't happen again.

I don't remember the name, but it was about two weeks ago. I knew the information was bogus, and tried leading on that it should flow differently at various PSI, but the fella wasn't having it. Meh, no skin off my ass, just wanted to compare apples to apples on lots of different pumps I was considering.

-Dustin-

Last edited:
Back