Let's talk tires!

Cozze44

Junkman
With winter coming, I gotta get me some new meats. I currently run Faulken Wildpeaks. Quietest tire, and nicest ride i've had by far, but the worst i've ever had in the rain, snow, or mud. I've been looking at Nittos new EXO Grapplers, which look like they'd be great for some weather and terrain. Anyone have any input on these? Or suggest another tire?

A lot of tire manufacturers like BFG, Toyo and Nitto have recently released new All Terrain type tires. Check and see if they are available in your size and look into them. I have heard good things about all of them.

If you want a true winter tire for snow, wet and ice the Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT series of winter tires are great. They came out a few years ago and I was at a comparison event and they work VERY well!!!

For rain on pavement, avoid most Mud Terrain type tires as they generally do not do great in the wet, although my Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tires handle well in the wet, they just dont bite well for takeoff in the wet and spin a lot under anything more than 1/2 throttle...

I'm looking for something that i can drive to work, and drive to the mountain in a snow storm. I was thinking the Nittos because they can be studded if needed, and if not should be good all around. Ill have to check the others out though. These will just be for the season since i picked up a set of 3rd gen wheels.

I'm having 315/70/17 goodyear duratracs installed tomorrow. Almost all reviews I read were 9 out of 10. Everyone said they were designed for snow and were great in it. Total cost for tires, mount and balance out the door is 1275.

I'm looking for something that i can drive to work, and drive to the mountain in a snow storm. I was thinking the Nittos because they can be studded if needed, and if not should be good all around. Ill have to check the others out though. These will just be for the season since i picked up a set of 3rd gen wheels.

If you have the extra wheels, I would go for a full on set of winter tires like the Goodyear Ultra Grip ICE WRT's. Put them on the truck when the snow starts to fall and take them back off in the spring then repeat next year and so on...

They were AWESOME on snow and ice and very good on dry and wet pavement.

If you have the extra wheels, I would go for a full on set of winter tires like the Goodyear Ultra Grip ICE WRT's. Put them on the truck when the snow starts to fall and take them back off in the spring then repeat next year and so on...

They were AWESOME on snow and ice and very good on dry and wet pavement.

Now those are some true winters. They would probably be great, but I would like something that looks like they have some meat to em. I'm really leaning towards the Exo's, they aren't too expensive from my local tire place. I just can't find many reviews. Guess Ill be the first ha.

Ended up getting the exo grapplers. 33x11.5 r17. Put about 200 miles on them and so far I have no regrets. Very quiet and a really noticeable improvement in the ride.
8a88664360674b3bb1942d9b59938a08.jpg

I just replaced some Nitto Terra Grapplers that had about 30k on them. They had a couple of bad spots and started getting pretty noisy. I think I only rotated them once in the 30k miles so its not necessarily the tires faults lol. But I replaced them with the Michelin LTX AT2's. They have been amazing in any weather thus far!!

2B0D1968-C396-4552-BC87-5DA8BE009AB3_zpscholqdgm.jpg

Back