Glow plug dash light, and cel

12V F450

My truck is a 2005 former 6L, Lariat.

Has anyone ever done anything with the in-dash glow plug indicator? I have a 12 valve in the truck now, and am wiring in the grid heaters. Is there a way to tap into that light so it'll quit coming on automatically when I turn the key, and have it illuminate only when I trigger my grid heater push button switch?

Also, my engine light is on, as expected with a 12 valve swap. How can I get that to go off and never come back? I know It's not as easy as taking the bulb out. Is it at all do-able? Tired of looking at it. Thanks!!

That's what I thought. So either break the cluster or make it ugly haha. Suppose I'll just deal with it then.

You can clip the wire going to both the CEL and GP lights. Take the wiring going to the GP light and tie that into the load side of the grid heater relay. I like to use the load side that way if for some reason you blow a fuse you will know it.

On my 01 X I acrually hooked up so my CEL comes on when the grid heaters on. Figured I should do something with light.

You can clip the wire going to both the CEL and GP lights. Take the wiring going to the GP light and tie that into the load side of the grid heater relay. I like to use the load side that way if for some reason you blow a fuse you will know it.

On my 01 X I acrually hooked up so my CEL comes on when the grid heaters on. Figured I should do something with light.

His truck is on a CAN Bus...Not old wiring like yours.

Back