68rfe

95cummins5.9

Old man ***** gossiper
I rebuilt my transmission, installed a billet center support, billet input, billet input hub, dpc dampened triple disk, the sonnax smart tech overdrive housing, dnj channel plate, all the retainers for apply piston return springs and snap rings, I reamed the ssv, updated all the springs and valves in the pump along with the pump gears etc, even tig welded every planetary pin on all three carriers, upgraded LR sprag..

How many horsepowers will this hold?
Would trans tuning keep me from doing a relearn on the tcm?
Which corner should I stand on to make a quick return on my money?

I've tried 2 different scanners, autel and snap on and it will not complete the relearn. They will let me reset the TCM but nothing else. No codes, up to temp.
The truck has TCM tuning but the shop that loaded that said it shouldn't matter. Is the reset good enough?

I've tried 2 different scanners, autel and snap on and it will not complete the relearn. They will let me reset the TCM but nothing else. No codes, up to temp.
The truck has TCM tuning but the shop that loaded that said it shouldn't matter. Is the reset good enough?

I was able to do a relearn with a snap on solus, but around 200miles should do enough.

You don’t know who’s trans tunes are in the TCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to get it out of the shop yesterday. He said they are old ctt, cts? Tunes maybe, then asked what year, then i was put on the line with another guy at the shop. It commands 225 psi of line pressure. I doubt they will tell me honestly.

I was under the impression you had to run a specific trans tune with the D&J valve body parts? This is second hand info from Redline, so something could've been lost in translation. I'd say your limit is the output shaft right now

DJ's channel plate has the hole that taps into the reverse pressure side of the valve body, per the directions with the channel plate, you can run it with stock programming if you leave the hole plugged.

I couldn't find a output shaft other than the stock version, it also has the input planetary made on to it.

I did just drive the truck for the first time to another scanner at a buddies shop, Matco scanner, it did complete the relearn this time. Even with the lower stall and the valve body etc, still feels just like it did before rebuild.

I've only rode in a truck with either Firepunk or Redline. Both seemed to do just fine, but I'm not sure if Redline will email a file

Out of all the ones I’ve rode in, I’ve preferred firepunks trans tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's tcm tune would you recommend?

H&S set to 180psi or 200 with the delayed 5th and 6th shifts.

All the TCM tunes out never matched H&S.

When my Comp68 let go it was the convertor that blew, and the trans was good once torn down.

H&S TCM flash for the win with a 68.

Well pulled it back out because of no reverse. A retainer for the L/R clutch deformed and took out the clutches and apply piston. Other than this, the trans is a beast.

Attachments

• 20220626_135351.jpg
    20220626_135351.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 0
Back