Snap-on cordless impacts

Dazed&Confused

Surfing my own world
Who has them and have you had any issues. The Snap-on guy said to stay away from the Lithium units because they have been having issues with the Batteries shorting out. I'm getting ready to buy a 1/2" 18V and a 14.4V 3/8" and a tool chest in the next week.

I had one for a day and traded it back in then bought one from Mac. Maybe not an issue for most people but I like it to stop when I let off the trigger. Maybe there not like that now this was a few years ago.

I have a makita 3/8 thats been going strong for over 10 years now, much cheaper than snap on or mac. It was used every day for the first six years.

Well with the discount I get it's hard to pass up the Snap-on stuff. I have a 18V dewalt and it's a complete pos.

I got a Craftman 19.2v 1/2" for christmas and I love it! Decent run time before recharge, enough torque for most of the things I use it on. I would assume it is cheaper than either Snap-On or Mac...

Posted via Velocity LG ALLY

Ive have them all from snap-on and have had no issue with any of them. The lithium batteries have a 2 yr warranty but i like the black batteries instead. Have you seen the brand new one they just came out with?

Ive have them all from snap-on and have had no issue with any of them. The lithium batteries have a 2 yr warranty but i like the black batteries instead. Have you seen the brand new one they just came out with?

I saw the new one but I think the normal 18v would work fine. I still wanna do some checking on the new one. I like having them to take to the junk yard when I go. He told me the lithium has a charge indicator on the battery and it's been shorting out.

You must get a nice discount to justify getting a snap-on. I've had the ingersol rand 3/8'' impact and 1-2'' drill with the lithium batteries for 4-5 months now, no complaints here what so ever. Though if I buy a 1/2'' it will most likely be a makita, I hear too much good about them.

I can vogue for the lithium problem with snap on though. Several of the guys in the shop have the 1/2'' cordless, one has the lithium and just last week he was getting a new battery for it. Everyone else has the black batteries and is going strong.. Damn they have some torque!

I get between 50-60% off threw work that's the only reason I'm even thinking about it. I can get both for right around list on the 1/2"

I'm going to suggest Milwaukee. I have 2 3/8 and a 1/2 in and have zero issues. And seeing that you are from Kentucky, go to the farm show!. Bought the 1/2 and 3/8, cordless grinder, and light for $575

I have the snap on 1/2 18v with nikcad batteries. It was strong enough to pull the lug nuts off my dually. No complaints. Also the 18v light. And the 1/2 drill. No issues. Went through 2 batteries on my 3/8. Love it tho. I also have 2 7.2v powerdrivers. Best tool in the world. Sadly though my dads Matco set has more power, is more compact, longer batt life, and less money I believe.

I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck at this point. I may just hold off till after the machine show and see what kind of deals I find down there.

I wouldnt skimp and get a cheapy. Especially if you plan on using it more than the average weekend guy.

That's why I'm leaning toward Snap-on or Milwaulkee since I've heard great things about both. I already messed up once buying Dewalt junk.

I have the 14.4 3/8 I love it, I broke the anvil busting head bolts on my 12 valve, but warranty covered it, I also just bought all of the 20 volt stuff from De Walt, those are badass for sure.

Was bored at work one day and i thought itd be a great idea for my cordless to challenge my air 3/8". Well the cordless got a 10mm Allen and the air got a 10mm plug socket. Cordless reverse and air forward. Let's just say it didn't end well haha.

I have the 3/8" snapon at work and i hardly get to use it cause everyone and their mother wants to use it instead of air tools. The only issue i have found with it is that you dont want to be around metal shavings and particles from grinding. Its hell on any electrical tool.

I'm just trying to get the best bang for the buck at this point. I may just hold off till after the machine show and see what kind of deals I find down there.

Well i am not trying to be nosey or anything but if your able to pick up a snap on impact for around 250 or 300 bucks with your discount you better jump all over it in my opinion $.02

I have a 1/2 snap on 18v and a got a 3/8" 14.4 impact. I liked the 3/8" one so much that I got another. It will put on lug nuts and take them off with a fresh battery.

On the 3/8" impacts what every brand you get make sure it has a nice variable trigger. After using the 3/8" it is one of the tools I don't know how you got by with out. The trigger is so controllable I use it for installing 10-32 bolts.

Back