where did the ford guys go?

7.3soot

ford expert
its been a few years since i have been on the forums no offense but since i have reemerged it seems to be over run by dodge guys, where did all the ford people go to?

I am not a power stroke guy mainly because I have never worked on one. Until now I work part time at a repair shop that specilizes in 6.0 and they are not as bad as I thought.

Where do you guys get your unicorn feed?

How many common rails have you owned? I've owned eight. They're piles of ****. Everybody cries about having to spend $4k on a 6.0 to make it reliable. You have to spend more than that on a common rail, but you're still driving a pile of ****... Doesn't add up

How many common rails have you owned? I've owned eight. They're piles of ****. Everybody cries about having to spend $4k on a 6.0 to make it reliable. You have to spend more than that on a common rail, but you're still driving a pile of ****... Doesn't add up

I wont argue with that. I LOVE the Cummins and its the only thing Ill personally drive however there is a reason why I stay so busy with no advertising....7 or 8 CR's here right now for engine rebuilds. Ive even rebuilt over 15 this year for dealers alone.

I never had a fuel side issue with any of mine, but I still had to put $5k into a "decent"transmission. And I was still sitting on uncomfortable seats, feeling crappy AC, and waiting for my ball joints, ECM, and TIPM to **** the bed on me.

I drank that koolaid for years. No more, thank you.

Only Dodge worth owning is a 2nd gen 12v

That pretty well sums it up for me. I buy 'em because you can pick them up cheap for that very reason. We bought a 2005 F350 dually WITH a 2009 30' double axle dovetail gooseneck for $17k. Truck only had about 100k on it. Bought it and made our money back within a few months hauling with it (oversize loads @ about 32k lbs). Thing tows awesome! Then it started puking so we bought a lift for $4k and studded it. It's been perfect ever since and now we have a lift that we also made our money back on in a short period of time. Now I can buy them cheap all day long and do the fixes ourselves. Including mine since it finally started puking a little this past week. LOL

f4d316e2.jpg

I love my cr It's got about a 135k on it and not a single problem . Been running the smarty on level 7 with a silver 62 for almost 2 years now

How many common rails have you owned?

I've never owned a CR of a Ford, but I have collected thousands of dollars for repairs on both and I can tell you there has been a LOT more money spent repairing Ford's than Dodge's. That said, there is a reason I drive a 12V Dodge, and I'll agree the Ford interior is superior.

I've never owned a CR of a Ford, but I have collected thousands of dollars for repairs on both and I can tell you there has been a LOT more money spent repairing Ford's than Dodge's. That said, there is a reason I drive a 12V Dodge, and I'll agree the Ford interior is superior.

This.

I probably fix 2-3 fords a week, the occasional dmax and a few dodges. 6.0 price tag is about what a good 48re runs...

I think the leaf spring fords ride like crap, but I secretly await my chance to steal a 6.4 or 6.0 coil spring truck from someone who's had "enough" so I can put a 12v in it for myself. The Fords are nicer trucks, but unless it's a deleted 6.4, you can keep the Ford powertrain - I'll pass.

Weird.

But since it's still open:

That pretty well sums it up for me. I buy 'em because you can pick them up cheap for that very reason. We bought a 2005 F350 dually WITH a 2009 30' double axle dovetail gooseneck for $17k. Truck only had about 100k on it. Bought it and made our money back within a few months hauling with it (oversize loads @ about 32k lbs). Thing tows awesome! Then it started puking so we bought a lift for $4k and studded it. It's been perfect ever since and now we have a lift that we also made our money back on in a short period of time. Now I can buy them cheap all day long and do the fixes ourselves. Including mine since it finally started puking a little this past week. LOL.

I picked up another one (F350 Dually Crewcab XLT) for $1k with a blown oil cooler. Put about $4k into it and now it runs like a champ. PL/PW/PM, etc... Not a single issue so far and I have towed some fairly heavy loads with it. Using it as my daily now.

72CF6138-A676-42C3-A6B1-04C8A77692D9_zpszwyytm6v.jpg

Weird.

But since it's still open:

I picked up another one (F350 Dually Crewcab XLT) for $1k with a blown oil cooler. Put about $4k into it and now it runs like a champ. PL/PW/PM, etc... Not a single issue so far and I have towed some fairly heavy loads with it. Using it as my daily now.

72CF6138-A676-42C3-A6B1-04C8A77692D9_zpszwyytm6v.jpg

Oh, there's an issue with that truck Danny. It's just not mechanical.

Back