Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #2481
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Name: GOLDDUSTERS5703
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
A Feast of Love
Bible in a Year:

Isaiah 62–64
1 Timothy 1
I am the living bread that came down from heaven.

John 6:51
COMMENT
JOURNAL
Today's Scripture & Insight:
John 6:47–59
In the Danish film Babette’s Feast, a French refugee appears in a coastal village. Two elderly sisters, leaders of the community’s religious life, take her in, and for fourteen years Babette works as their housekeeper. When Babette comes into a large sum of money, she invites the congregation of twelve to join her for an extravagant French meal of caviar, quail in puff pastry, and more.

As they move from one course to the next, the guests relax; some find forgiveness, some find love rekindled, and some begin recalling miracles they’d witnessed and truths they’d learned in childhood. “Remember what we were taught?” they say. “Little children, love one another.” When the meal ends, Babette reveals to the sisters that she spent all she had on the food. She gave everything—including any chance of returning to her old life as an acclaimed chef in Paris—so that her friends, eating, might feel their hearts open.

Jesus appeared on earth as a stranger and servant, and He gave everything so that our spiritual hunger might be satisfied. In John’s gospel, He reminds His listeners that when their ancestors wandered hungry in the wilderness, God provided quail and bread (Exodus 16). That food satisfied for a time, but Jesus promises that those who accept Him as the “bread of life” will “live forever” (John 6:48, 51). His sacrifice satisfies our spiritual cravings.

By: Amy Peterson

Reflect & Pray
How has God satisfied your hunger? What might it look like for you to give sacrificially?

Jesus, thank You for giving Your body and blood for us.

PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Old 03-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #2482
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Plans DisruptedBible in a Year:Numbers 34–36Mark 9:30–50Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the*Lord's purpose that prevails.Proverbs 19:21COMMENTJOURNALSHAREGIVEToday's Scripture & Insight:Acts 16:6–10Jane’s plans to become a speech therapist ended when an internship revealed the job was too emotionally challenging for her. Then she was given the opportunity to write for a magazine. She’d never seen herself as an author, but years later she found herself advocating for needy families through her writing. “Looking back, I can see why God changed my plans,” she says. “He had a bigger plan for me.”The Bible has many stories of disrupted plans. On his second missionary journey, Paul had sought to bring the gospel into Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus stopped him (Acts 16:6–7). This must have seemed mystifying: Why was Jesus disrupting plans that were in line with a God-given mission? The answer came in a dream one night: Macedonia needed him even more. There, Paul would plant the first church in Europe. Solomon also observed, “Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the*Lord’s purpose that prevails” (Proverbs 19:21).It’s sensible to make plans. A well-known adage goes, “Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.” But God may disrupt our plans with His own. Our challenge is to listen and obey, knowing we can trust God. If we submit to His will, we’ll find ourselves fitting into His purpose for our lives.As we continue to make plans, we can add a new twist: Plan to listen. Listen to God’s plan.*By:**Leslie Koh

Old 03-05-2020, 09:07 AM   #2483
PSUCE

Name: PSUCE
Member`s Gallery
Good to see you posting. Thanks for taking the time.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #2484
Meyers Farms

Name: Meyers Farms
Member`s Gallery
I was wondering where you went, hope all is well.

Old 03-09-2020, 10:25 AM   #2485
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Watched by GodBible in a Yeareuteronomy 8–10Mark 11:19–33The*Lord*watches over you.Psalm 121:5

Today's Scripture & Insight:Psalm 121:5–8Our little grandson waved goodbye, then turned back with a question. “Grandma, why do you stand on the porch and watch until we leave?” I smiled at him, finding his question “cute” because he’s so young. Seeing his concern, however, I tried to give a good answer. “Well, it’s a courtesy,” I told him. “If you’re my guest, watching until you leave shows I care.” He weighed my answer, but still looked perplexed. So, I told him the simple truth. “I watch,” I said, “because I love you. When I see your car drive away, I know you’re safely heading home.” He smiled, giving me a tender hug. Finally, he understood.His childlike understanding reminded me what all of us should remember—that our heavenly Father is constantly watching over each of us, His precious children. As*Psalm 121*says, “The*Lord*watches over you—the*Lord*is your shade at your right hand” (v. 5).What assurance for Israel’s pilgrims as they climbed dangerous roads to Jerusalem to worship. “The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. The*Lord*keeps you from all harm—he will*watch over your life” (vv. 6–7). Likewise, as we each climb our life’s road, sometimes facing spiritual threat or harm, “The*Lord*will*watch over [our] coming and going.” Why? His love. When? “Now and forevermore” (v. 8).By:**Patricia Raybon

Old 03-12-2020, 07:57 AM   #2486
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Every OpportunityBible in a Yeareuteronomy 17–19Mark 13:1–20Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.Colossians 4:5Today's Scripture & Insight:Colossians 4:2–6Ever caught a dragon? I hadn’t until my son convinced me to download a game on my phone. Producing a digital map mirroring the real world, the game allows you to catch colorful creatures near you.Unlike most mobile games, this one*requires*movement. Anywhere you go is part of the game’s playing field. The result? I’m doing a lot more walking! Anytime my son and I play, we strive to maximize every opportunity to nab the critters that pop up around us.It’s easy to focus on, even obsess over, a game that’s crafted to captivate users. But as I played the game, I was convicted with this question:*Am I this intentional about maximizing the spiritual opportunities around me?Paul knew the need to be alert to God’s work around us. In*Colossians 4, he asked for prayer for an opportunity to share the gospel (v. 3). Then he challenged, “Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity” (v. 5). Paul didn’t want the Colossians to miss any chance of influencing others toward Christ. But doing so would require truly seeing them and their needs, then engaging in ways “full of grace” (v. 6).In our world, far more things vie for our time and attention than a game’s imaginary dragons. But God invites us to navigate a real-world adventure, every day seeking*

Old 03-24-2020, 10:34 AM   #2487
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
The BellBible in a Year:Joshua 16–18Luke 2:1–24I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.Matthew 16:18
Today's Scripture & Insight:Matthew 16:13–20Jackson dreamed of becoming a US Navy Seal from early childhood—an ambition that led to years of physical discipline and self-sacrifice. He eventually faced grueling tests of strength and endurance including what’s referred to by trainees as “hell week.”Jackson was physically unable to complete the exhaustive training, and reluctantly rang a bell to inform the commander and other trainees of his choice to leave the program. For most, this would feel like failure. But in spite of the extreme disappointment, Jackson was later able to see his military failure as preparation for his life’s work.The apostle Peter experienced his own form of failure. He boldly proclaimed that he would remain loyal to Jesus even to prison or death (Luke 22:33). Yet later he wept bitterly after he denied that he knew Jesus (vv. 60–62). But God had plans beyond his failure. Prior to Peter’s denial, Jesus informed him, “I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it” (Matthew 16:18; see also*Luke 22:31–32).Are you struggling with a failure causing you to feel unworthy or unqualified to move on? Don’t let the ringing bell of failure cause you to miss God’s greater purposes for you.By:**evanmorgan

Old 03-26-2020, 08:01 AM   #2488
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Seeing SalvationBible in a Year:Joshua 22–24Luke 3All people will see God’s salvation.Luke 3:6
Today's Scripture & Insight:Luke 3:1–6At fifty-three, the last thing Sonia expected to do was abandon her business and her country to join a group of asylum seekers journeying to a new land. After gangs murdered her nephew and tried to force her seventeen-year-old son into their ranks, Sonia felt escape was her only option. “I pray to God. . . . I will do whatever is necessary,” Sonia explained. “I will do anything so [my son and I] don’t die of hunger. . . I prefer to see him suffer here than end up in a bag or canal.”Does the Bible have anything to say to Sonia and her son—or to so many who have suffered injustice and devastation? When John the Baptist proclaimed the arrival of Jesus, he announced good news to Sonia, to us, to the world. “Prepare the way for*the Lord,” John proclaimed (Luke 3:4). He insisted that when Jesus arrived, God would enact a powerful, comprehensive rescue. The biblical word for this rescue is*salvation.Salvation encompasses both the healing of our sinful hearts and—one day—the healing of all the world’s evils. God’s transforming work is for every story, every human system, and is available to everyone. “All people will see God’s salvation,” John said (v. 6).Whatever evil we face, Christ’s cross and resurrection assure us we’ll see God’s salvation. One day we’ll experience His final liberation.By:**Winn Collier

Old 03-26-2020, 08:02 AM   #2489
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Seeing SalvationBible in a Year:Joshua 22–24Luke 3All people will see God’s salvation.Luke 3:6
Today's Scripture & Insight:Luke 3:1–6At fifty-three, the last thing Sonia expected to do was abandon her business and her country to join a group of asylum seekers journeying to a new land. After gangs murdered her nephew and tried to force her seventeen-year-old son into their ranks, Sonia felt escape was her only option. “I pray to God. . . . I will do whatever is necessary,” Sonia explained. “I will do anything so [my son and I] don’t die of hunger. . . I prefer to see him suffer here than end up in a bag or canal.”Does the Bible have anything to say to Sonia and her son—or to so many who have suffered injustice and devastation? When John the Baptist proclaimed the arrival of Jesus, he announced good news to Sonia, to us, to the world. “Prepare the way for*the Lord,” John proclaimed (Luke 3:4). He insisted that when Jesus arrived, God would enact a powerful, comprehensive rescue. The biblical word for this rescue is*salvation.Salvation encompasses both the healing of our sinful hearts and—one day—the healing of all the world’s evils. God’s transforming work is for every story, every human system, and is available to everyone. “All people will see God’s salvation,” John said (v. 6).Whatever evil we face, Christ’s cross and resurrection assure us we’ll see God’s salvation. One day we’ll experience His final liberation.By:**Winn Collier

Old 03-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #2490
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Precious DepartureBible in a Year:Judges 1–3Luke 4:1–30Precious in the sight of the*Lord is the death of his faithful servants.Psalm 116:15Sculptor Liz Shepherd’s 2018 exhibition*The Wait*was described by a*Boston Globecorrespondent as “evok[ing] the precious, exposed, and transcendent in life.” Inspired by the time Shepherd spent at her dying father’s bedside, the exhibition attempts to convey yearning, the emptiness of loss, and the fragile sense that loved ones are just out of reach.The idea that death is precious might seem counterintuitive; however, the psalmist declares, “Precious in the sight of the*Lord*is the death of his faithful servants” (Psalm 116:15). God treasures the death of His people, for in their passing He welcomes them home.Who are these faithful servants (“saints”*nkjv) of God? According to the psalmist, they are those who serve God*in gratitude for His deliverance, who call on His name, and who honor the words they speak before Him (Psalm 116:16–18). Such actions represent deliberate choices to walk with God, accept the freedom He offers, and cultivate a relationship with Him.In so doing, we find ourselves in the company of Jesus, who is “chosen by God and precious to him . . . . For in Scripture it says: ‘See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame’ ” (1 Peter 2:4–6). When our trust is in God, our departure from this life is precious in His sight.By:**Remi Oyedele

Old 03-30-2020, 10:24 AM   #2491
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Blessed BreadBible in a Year:Judges 9–10Luke 5:17–39Jesus took some bread and blessed it.Matthew 26:26*nlt
When our oldest child became a teenager, my wife and I gave her a journal that we’d been writing in since her birth. We’d recorded her likes and dislikes, quirks and memorable one-liners. At some point the entries became more like letters, describing what we see in her and how we see God at work in her. When we gave it to her on her thirteenth birthday, she was mesmerized. She’d been given the gift of knowing a crucial part of the origins of her identity.In blessing something as common as bread, Jesus was revealing its identity. What it—along with all creation—was made to reflect: God’s glory. I believe Jesus was also pointing to the future of the material world. All creation will one day be filled with the glory of God. So in blessing bread (Matthew 26:26), Jesus was pointing to the*originand the*destiny*of creation (Romans 8:21–22).Maybe the “beginning” of your story feels messed up. Maybe you don’t think there’s much of a future. But there’s a bigger story. It’s a story of a God who made you on purpose and for a purpose, who took pleasure in you. It’s a story of God who came to rescue you (Matthew 26:28); a God who put His Spirit in you to renew you and recover your identity. It’s a story of a God who wants to*bless*you.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:58 AM   #2492
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Praying Like JesusBible in a Year:Judges 13–15Luke 6:27–49Father, if you are willing, take this cup*from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.Luke 22:42Every coin has two sides. The front is called “heads” and, from early Roman times, usually depicts a country’s head of state. The back is called “tails,” a term possibly originating from the British ten pence depicting the raised tail of a heraldic lion.Like a coin, Christ’s*prayer in the garden of Gethsemane possesses two sides. In the deepest hours of His life, on*the night before He died on a cross, Jesus prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done” (Luke 22:42). When Christ*says, “take this cup,” that’s the raw honesty of prayer. He reveals His personal*desire, “This is what*I*want.”Then Jesus turns the coin, praying “not my will.” That’s the side of abandon. Abandoning ourselves to God begins when we simply say, “But what do*You*want, God?”This two-sided prayer is also*included in*Matthew 26*and*Mark 14*and is mentioned in*John 18. Jesus prayed both sides of prayer: take this cup (what I want, God), yet not My will (what do You want, God?), pivoting between them.Two sides of Jesus. Two sides of prayer.By:**Elisa Morgan

Old 04-02-2020, 08:12 AM   #2493
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Cheerful GiversBible in a Year:Judges 16–18Luke 7:1–30God loves a cheerful giver.2 Corinthians 9:7
Today's Scripture & Insight:2 Corinthians 9:6–9Years ago, my wife received a small rebate from something she’d purchased. It wasn’t something she’d expected, it just showed up in the mail. About the same time, a good friend shared with her the immense needs of women in another country, entrepreneurial-minded women trying to better themselves by way of education and business. As is often the case, however, their first barrier was financial.My wife took that rebate and made a micro-loan to a ministry devoted to helping these women. When the loan was repaid, she simply loaned again, and again, and so far has made twenty-seven such investments. My wife enjoys many things, but there’s rarely a smile as big on her face as when she receives an update on the flourishing taking place in the lives of women she’s never met.***We often hear emphasis on the last word in this phrase—“God loves a cheerful*giver”*(2 Corinthians 9:7)—and rightly so. But our giving has a specific quality about it—it shouldn’t be done “reluctantly or under compulsion,” and we’re called not to sow “sparingly”*(vv. 6–7). In a word, our giving is to be “cheerful.” And while each of us will give a little differently, our faces are places for telling evidence of our cheer.By:**John Blase

Old 04-03-2020, 07:54 AM   #2494
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
What Comes Next?Bible in a Year:Judges 19–21Luke 7:31–50There is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord . . . will award to me on that day.2 Timothy 4:8Today's Scripture & Insight:2 Timothy 4:1–8On the night of April 3, 1968, Dr. Martin Luther King gave his final speech, “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop.” In it, he hints that he believed he might not live long. He said, “We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn’t matter with me now. Because I’ve been to the mountaintop. And I’ve looked over. And I’ve seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. . . . [But] I’m happy tonight. I’m not worried about anything. I’m not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.” The next day, he was assassinated.The apostle Paul, shortly before his death, wrote to his protégé Timothy: “I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. . . . Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day” (2 Timothy 4:6,*8). Paul knew his time on earth was drawing to a close, as did Dr. King. Both men realized*lives of incredible significance, yet never lost sight of the true life ahead. Both men welcomed what came next.Like them, may we “fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18).By:**Remi Oyedele

Old 04-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #2495
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
A New CallingBible in a Year:1 Samuel 7–9Luke 9:18–36He has saved us and called us to a holy life.2 Timothy 1:9
Today's Scripture & Insight:2 Timothy 1:6–14Teenage gang leader Casey and his followers broke into homes and cars, robbed convenience stores, and fought other gangs. Eventually, Casey was arrested and sentenced. In prison, he became a “shot caller,” someone who handed out homemade knives during riots.
Sometime later, he was placed in solitary confinement. While daydreaming in his cell, Casey experienced a “movie” of sorts replaying key events of his life—and of Jesus, being led to and nailed to the cross and telling him, “I’m doing this for you.” Casey fell to the floor weeping and confessed his sins. Later, he shared his experience with a chaplain, who explained more about Jesus and gave him a Bible. “That was the start of my journey of faith,” Casey said. Eventually, he was released into the mainline prison population, where he was mistreated for his faith. But he felt at peace, because “[he] had found a new calling: telling other inmates about Jesus.”
In his letter to Timothy, the apostle Paul talks about the power of Christ to change lives: God calls us from lives of wrongdoing to follow and serve Jesus (2 Timothy 1:9). Watch the story of Bernice Lee and Tan Soo-Inn in the devotional video, “Jesus, the Spiritual Leader.” Like Casey, they experienced God’s grace, and now the Holy Spirit empowers them to be living witnesses of Christ’s love. Through the Holy Spirit’s enabling, we too have a new calling to share the good news (v. 8).

Old 04-08-2020, 08:13 AM   #2496
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Innocence FoundBible in a Year:1 Samuel 10–12Luke 9:37–62See what great love the Father has lavished on us.1 John 3:1COMMENTJOURNALSHAREGIVE

“I’m not who I once was. I’m a new person.”Those simple words from my son, spoken to students at a school assembly, describe the change God made in his life. Once addicted to heroin, Geoffrey previously saw himself through his sins and mistakes. But now he sees himself as a child of God.The Bible encourages us with this promise: “If anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). No matter who we’ve been or what we’ve done in our past, when we trust Jesus for our salvation and receive the forgiveness offered through His cross, we become someone new. Since the garden of Eden, the guilt of our sins separated us from God, but He has now “reconciled us to himself through Christ,” “not counting” our sins against us (vv. 18–19). We are His dearly loved children (1 John 3:1–2), washed clean and made new in the likeness of His Son.Jesus is innocence found. He liberates us from sin and its dominating power, and restores us to a new relationship with God—where we are free to no longer live for ourselves but “for him who died for [us] and was raised again” (2 Corinthians 5:15). Watch Fernando Sosa’s devotional video, “Jesus, the Liberator.” As with Geoffrey, Christ’s transforming love gave him a new identity and purpose to point others to the Savior. And He does the same for us!By:**James Banks

Old 04-09-2020, 08:24 AM   #2497
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Surrendering AllBible in a Year:1 Samuel 13–14Luke 10:1–24Then Peter spoke up, “We have left everything to follow you!”Mark 10:28
Today's Scripture & Insight:Mark 10:26–31Two men remembered for serving others for Jesus left careers in the arts to commit themselves to where they believed God had called them. James O. Fraser (1886–1938) decided not to pursue being a concert pianist in England to serve the Lisu people in China, while the American Judson Van DeVenter (1855–1939) chose to become an evangelist instead of pursuing a career in art. He later wrote the hymn “I Surrender All.”While having a vocation in the arts is the perfect calling for many, these men believed God called them to relinquish one career for another. Perhaps they found inspiration from Jesus counseling the rich, young ruler to give up his possessions to follow Him (Mark 10:17–25). Witnessing the exchange, Peter exclaimed, “We have left everything to follow you!” (v. 28). Jesus assured him that God would give those who follow Him “a hundred times as much in this present age” and eternal life (v. 30). But He would give according to His wisdom: “Many who are first will be last, and the last first” (v. 31).No matter where God has placed us, we’re called to daily surrender our lives to Christ, obeying His gentle call to follow Him and serve Him with our talents and resources—whether in the home, office, community, or far from home. Watch Annahita Parsan’s devotional video, “Jesus, the Revolutionary.” She surrendered to God’s call to share the gospel in Sweden. As we submit to His call, He’ll also inspire us to love others.By:**Amy Boucher Pye

Old 04-14-2020, 08:36 AM   #2498
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Healing WordsBible in a Year:1 Samuel 25–26Luke 12:32–59Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.Today's Scripture & Insight:Proverbs 16:20–24A recent study has shown that encouraging words from a health-care provider can help patients recuperate faster from their ailments. A simple experiment exposed volunteer study participants to a skin allergen to make them itch and then compared the reactions between those who received assurance from their physician and those who didn’t. Patients who received encouragement from their doctors had less discomfort and itching than their counterparts.**The writer of Proverbs knew how important encouraging words are. “Gracious words” bring “healing to the bones,” he wrote (Proverbs 16:24). The positive effect of words isn’t limited to our health: when we heed the wisdom of instruction, we’re also more likely to prosper in our efforts (v. 20). So too encouragement buoys us for the challenges we face now and may encounter in the future.*We may not yet fully understand why or even how much wisdom and encouragement bring strength and healing to our daily lives. Yet the cheers and guidance of our parents, coaches, and colleagues seem to help us endure difficulty and steer us toward success. Similarly, the Bible brings us encouragement when we face trials, equipping us to bear up under even the most unthinkable circumstances. Help us, God, to be strengthened by Your wisdom and to, in turn, offer the healing and hope of “gracious words” to those You’ve placed in our lives. *By:**Kirsten Holmberg

Old 04-20-2020, 08:47 AM   #2499
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
The Singing RevolutionBible in a Year:2 Samuel 9–11Luke 15:11–32Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.Psalm 42:5
Today's Scripture & Insight:Psalm 42:1–5What does it take to ignite a revolution? Guns? Bombs? Guerrilla warfare? In late-1980s Estonia, it took songs. After the people had lived under the burden of Soviet occupation for decades, a movement began with the singing of a series of patriotic songs. These songs birthed the “Singing Revolution,” which played a key role in restoring Estonian independence in 1991.“This was a non-violent revolution that overthrew a very violent occupation,” says a website describing the movement. “But singing had always been a major unifying force for Estonians while they endured fifty years of Soviet rule.”Music can also play a significant part in helping us through our own hard times. I wonder if that’s why we so readily identify with the psalms. It was in a dark night of the soul that the psalmist*sang, “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God” (Psalm 42:5). It was in a season of deep disillusionment that Asaph, the worship leader, reminded himself, “Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart” (73:1).In our own challenging times, may we join the psalmists with a singing revolution for our hearts. Such a revolution overwhelms the personal tyranny of despair and confusion with faith-fueled confidence in God’s great love and faithfulness.By:**Bill Crowder

Old 04-21-2020, 08:52 AM   #2500
GOLDDUSTERS5703

Member`s Gallery
Friends AgainBible in a Year:2 Samuel 12–13Luke 16How much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!Romans 5:10Today's Scripture & Insight:Romans 5:6–11A mother and her young daughter are sitting in church one day. During the service, opportunity is given for people to publicly receive God’s forgiveness. Every time someone walks forward to do so, the little girl begins to clap. “I’m so sorry,” the mother later tells the church leader. “I explained to my daughter that repentance makes us friends with God again, and she just wanted to cheer for everyone.”Simplified for a child’s mind, the mother’s words were a good explanation of the gospel. Once God’s enemies, we have been reconciled to Him*through Christ’s death and resurrection (Romans 5:9–10). Now we’re indeed God’s friends. Since we were the ones to break the friendship (v. 8), repentance is our part in completing the restoration process. And the little girl’s response couldn’t have been more appropriate. Since all heaven claps when just one person repents (Luke 15:10), she was unknowingly echoing its applause.Jesus described His reconciling work in similar terms. “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends” (John 15:13). As a result of this sacrificial act of friendship*toward*us, we can now be friends*with*Him. “I no longer call you servants . . . . Instead, I have called you friends” (15:15).Once God’s enemies, we are now God’s friends. It’s an overwhelming thought. And one worth clapping about.By:**Sheridan Voysey

Closed Thread