cummins swap tuning

goose46

Looking for some help on tuning my 01 24v swap. I was given a smarty and ran into some VIN issues, and I'm trying to get that sorted out with Bob Wagner. looking for other tuning options that don't require the PCM or a VIN. Thanks in advance.

little info on the truck: 7x.009 injectors, 4" exhaust, Ford equivalent to the BHAF, FASS titanium 150 w/ sump, full set of gauges

Last edited:
PCM has nothing to do with tuning on vp engine.

You need an edge comp, quadzilla adrenaline or tst comp.

PCM has nothing to do with tuning on vp engine.

You need an edge comp, quadzilla adrenaline or tst comp.

I didn't think it did. But the 2 dodge service centers I went to weren't able to program the vin number into my ECM for me to be able to run my smarty. I've been looking into the quadzilla adrenaline. Just wasn't sure if me not running the PCM would affect me running the adrenaline or edge.

The Quadzilla wont care ( other than not displaying mph), the edge comp wont care, the edge juice with attitude might care as it reads the obd data, some of that data is from the pcm.

The Quadzilla wont care ( other than not displaying mph), the edge comp wont care, the edge juice with attitude might care as it reads the obd data, some of that data is from the pcm.

Actually my Quad reads mph just fine. I assume if wired correctly it will show up like mine does. It is needed to prevent TM? and getting full fuel.

Do you have the stock pcm then?

The quad doesn't really use MPH other than to add a little timing for mpg when above 55 mph.

The quad doesn't really use MPH other than to add a little timing for mpg when above 55 mph.

I have the stock PCM from the donor truck and the wiring harness, I just didn't have it added to the harness when I did the harness conversion.

ejwa (non touch screen model) works great on my f350 with 98.5 engine, mines also from a 5speed truck, not sure if theres a difference with the ecm on a engine from an auto

ejwa (non touch screen model) works great on my f350 with 98.5 engine, mines also from a 5speed truck, not sure if theres a difference with the ecm on a engine from an auto

I'm currently running a 5 speed, had the ECM flashed by Bob Wagner to support my auto to manual swap when I did my conversion. Still trying to decide between edge or quadzilla.

spools almost instant and pulls great with 7x.095 injectors, well worth the swap if your looking for more power without breaking the bank

spools almost instant and pulls great with 7x.095 injectors, well worth the swap if your looking for more power without breaking the bank

I'm currently running 7x.09 and have been looking into one. Can you post some pictures of your engine bay? Currently running an hy35, since that's what came on the engine. I've already maxed it out and I'm not even running full power since the computer is throwing an over boost code.

ad77a8d9003ff2b3090d49f8df9278c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

Only the cummins ECM, it has a signal input for vehicle speed and if it doesn't see speed increase above a threshold it will pull back fueling. If I remember correctly you attach the ORG/WH wire on the cummins side to a speed output from the Ford PCM. Its been a while since I wired it up but remember others having to do this to get the truck to run correctly

I understand it doesn't use speed for tuning but I thought it was cool it actually worked. And to the OP just get a Quad it is really nice now with the tuning ability and no Dodge PCM necessary.

Hot rod4- thank you for the information and I'm really leaning towards the quad after doing some research.

Jlbayes- could you tell me which wires from my ford harness I need to tie into that pin on the dodge ECM?

I would really like to be able to drive my truck at least at full stock level until I get my quad.

Only the cummins ECM, it has a signal input for vehicle speed and if it doesn't see speed increase above a threshold it will pull back fueling. If I remember correctly you attach the ORG/WH wire on the cummins side to a speed output from the Ford PCM. Its been a while since I wired it up but remember others having to do this to get the truck to run correctly

I understand it doesn't use speed for tuning but I thought it was cool it actually worked. And to the OP just get a Quad it is really nice now with the tuning ability and no Dodge PCM necessary.

that's very interesting that the mph input is the same between the models. as far as I know in the dodge the abs module gets the input, then sends via CCD to the pcm and the ecm and the ecm decodes the messages and outputs via canbus.

wish I had documents on how things worked....

Back