The Grey Goat

PSC XD Steering box showed up today. Its big :D

Hopefully its a decent box. Its just so disappointing that they use a crappy Borgeson adapter. Holding your steering on with a couple of set screws that fall out no matter what is just plain stupid...

Well I've got some and don't need them now that I took the off-road cover off and put the regular cover on. Didn't know if you had some or not. Guess your not that lame.

Depends on who you ask.

I had 3 sets. One is on the truck, ones for spares, the third got sold. They are worth some coin fyi.

Front bumper pics ?

The truck is coming along nicely.

How is the trans doing ? I saw a swap in valve bodies a while back...what is in the truck now and how is everything holding up ?

I think i am just going to pull a massive parts buys from Goerend and be done.

if photobucket would cooperate id link them...

Trans is doing fine-ish. Im still not happy that it bucks if rpms are too low when locked. Its either a fuel issue or a torque converter issue. When I went form 6/13 SACs to an 8/11 VCO it got a little better, but still does it. I replaced the VP due to death codes, and it still does it... lock up switch or not, does it. Its not locking-unlocking (which it started doing the other day, need to trace that down) it just starts bucking. Ill p pump it and see if it keeps doing it. If it stops then its a fuel management issue. If not, then ill tow it out to fire punk, let them pull the trans, refresh it and swap converters with a DPC.

I swapped valve bodies because it would not down shift to 2nd when slowing down. Went to Fire Punk because RevMax gave some BS nonsensical excuse. The Fire Punk VB didnt help, because it turns out its retarded PCM programming from dodge. the Fire Punk VB shift better though, and atleast they know what they are talking about... I may get an AntEater just to solve the issue.

Goerend is good. Buddy just blew up his trans with a Goerend VB, TC, full rebuild, and a billet input. Havent torn it down yet, but pretty sure its not a Goerend problem. The way it sounds either the input, intermediate shaft, or a planetary let go.

I am so close to 2 things....
1. 4th gen CC, just need more room. 4 kids a 2 gen doesnt cut it.

2. Total tear down, along with a 4th gen. Pump swap, body swap and an ant eater

Hell, Nick just had quad up the canbus fueling again to try to over come TM...still doesnt seem to play well.

Have you tried to add a spring to hold tension on the tv cable? Both of my trucks down shift to 2nd when slowing down.

I have tried that. And it does work. But then it wont shift out of first till 25mph.. Ive tried adjusting the bracket on the trans to keep tensions on it. Ive tried lots of stuff, and some of it has made it down shift, but theres always a consequence that out weighs the result.

Stupid trucks. The 25mph part isn't bad with a big single or compounds but not for little turbo dd lol

I'll start with the PSC box pics first
0505171234_zpsiouno9tb.jpg

0505171238_zpsr9awb8rt.jpg

0505171239_zps6amij9wj.jpg

0505171239a_zpsbv6a6ezm.jpg

0505171251_zpsw2qc4b30.jpg

Shes in there! Its a tight fit. With the provided 3/4" spacers you still cant get a business card between the frame and the box. So far I'm not 100% impressed by it. It has a very light feeling. It steers TOO easy for me. But there are a few things working against me in that regard. First, because the box is further away from the frame it means your drag link has to be shorter to center the wheel/box. I could make it happen with the Synergy steering, but didnt feel like having to rip everything off to do it. Im sure with it centered it would feel better. There is even a tag on the box that says "make sure the wheel is centered or it wont feel right" lol. Second, I feel like the box is really meant for big tires. Once the 37s go on it may feel better yet. There is ZERO play though. So thats nice!

0505171730_zpsdfngmjax.jpg

0505171802_zpshulh6qmo.jpg

Right away I wasnt real happy with the way the LED fog lights set in the hole. Once adjusted they were just way too low. If they had been centered it would have been ok.
0505171802b_zpsfpfgip9m.jpg

0513171251_HDR_zpsjukr5enn.jpg

Here you can really see the difference! I put some OE style tinted fog lights off ebay in the holes. Much better!
0515171549a_HDR_zpslaidcdph.jpg

The Synergy Cam Bolt eliminators showed up the other day and the Shocks got here yesterday. So I guess im ready to lift her at any time now.

I kinda cheeped out on the shocks. I didnt go with the 2.5 Fox Resi shocks like I wanted. Might be throwing money at a house here in the near future, so I only went with Fox 2.0 IFP "Factory Series" shocks. Should still suite my needs. Plus it helped that one of them was on Amazon as "used" for $35... lol

Back