LBZ upgrades on SUPER LOW MILEAGE DMAX

runwhatyabrung

Looking to do some minor upgrades for performance and mileage...

Nothing major and don't want to spend 1000's to build the trans.

LBZ-Stock
Egr blocker only
13k miles...YES...13k on the clock.

Any suggestions....

For power for the engine: free flowing exhaust with a muffler, intake kit with cleanable filter to improve service needs, EFILive tuning with DSP5 to give you basic tunes with a fun tune on demand (but be sure to tell the tuner that you are staying with the stock trans so that he does not get too aggressive with the power).

Then general improvements for the truck: Fleece all-on lights module, tie rod braces/steering braces and leveling kit with wheels and tires

For the owner: be prepared to smile and enjoy!!! Then when you get the bug and want more, be prepared to spend more to get more!!!

Super fun street truck with little investment. I have done 4 of these trucks now and they never cease to impress me.
1. EFI tune (see 5. haha)
2. 4" exhaust Flo Pro or whatever.
3. EGR blocker plate.
4. Transgo shift kit
5. Lift pump (optional, could lower your trans life if your heavy footed)

Steering strengthening of some sort

Transgo Jr

Dsp 5 from Idaho rob

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nothing over 90hp on the tune to keep the transmission alive and watch your right foot, even at 90hp I can slip/limp mine, leave the stock intake alone and run the Donaldson paper filter. I plan on Rare parts idler arm, Rare parts pitman arm, Rare parts tie rod ends, super steer idler shaft (cheaper than the rare parts model and appears to the same) 4" exhaust, reroute the PCV or install a catch can, my intercooler has a fair amount of oil residue in the bottom of it due to the PCV....

Do a lots of inspections, electrical and mechanical, to date I have about 20 items since 2013 that could have cost me money and 2 of them serious money had I not done so. Also, when you grease the truck check the idler shaft, it is located in a position where it is overlooked due the location of the grease fitting so grease it right away.

Bad part of it, I did not make a list of items I found and repaired so I could post it for others....:nail:

Last edited:
Back