Upgraded governor solenoid kit for dodge RE transmission

Hurley

BLAKLUNG
IMG_0699.JPG

I've seen this kit offered from a few vendors, looks to be manufactured by these people:

DNJ Components LLC, Inovative Drivetrain Solutions

After doing some searching there's not a lot of discussion on here regarding this particular part.... worthy upgrade?

(I noticed DNJ also offers this kit with the equipment for 1st gear lock-up, pretty interesting for those unaware.)

Best upgrade I've ever done on my truck. Been on the truck for bout 4 years and never had to replace the the solenoid. And these have a small torx screw on the back that are adjustable. I have the DNJ brand one as well.

Good to know. I see they have (2) separate solenoids available - a cylindrical one and a boxy black one - is there a difference? (looking at installation manual)

The only difference between the two that I know of, are the Transducer differences from 47re to 48re. The 47 transducer is the round gold one, and the 48 is the black "box-ish" looking one.

The only difference between the two that I know of, are the Transducer differences from 47re to 48re. The 47 transducer is the round gold one, and the 48 is the black "box-ish" looking one.

The 2000-03 47re's use the black square one as well.

I have one i bought through suncoast ~4 1/2 years ago. Its been a solid piece and a good upgrade IMO

The 2000-03 47re's use the black square one as well.

I have one i bought through suncoast ~4 1/2 years ago. Its been a solid piece and a good upgrade IMO

Right, I just couldn't remember the year split on the differences on the transducer. So I didn't wanna mis lead on guessing.

Back