Smarty udc tunes and questions

Foster#17

Hey guys, A few days ago I started messing around with UDC and here are some of the graphs I came up with for Rail Pressure and Timing, What do you guys think the max timing is I should be running with everything in my signature? On this chart, the max timing is 25 degrees. Also, let me know if you guys have any questions for me! forum.jpg

forum 1.jpg

Max timing will depend on EGT and how much pulse you're running, but being studded don't be afraid of timing. Especially 3k+ rpm or it will heat up quick (notice how your timing kind of levels off when the rpms are coming up @wot). Also not sure why your timing drops off when adding load in high rpms.

Also on fuel pressure, ramp it up quicker (not too fast or it'll rattle). I'd try to run full pressure by 50-60% load and 2500rpm. It will essentially have a "table top". You're not running full pressure until its rapped out. Remember, more pressure and less pulse will make less heat and similar power. Pressure is always king.

And lastly, download some tunes from the library. You can download a free version of EFI Live on their website, and can view tunes. Check out a couple hotter tunes I posted. Even though they're dmax stuff, it'll give you some hints.

Max timing will depend on EGT and how much pulse you're running, but being studded don't be afraid of timing. Especially 3k+ rpm or it will heat up quick (notice how your timing kind of levels off when the rpms are coming up @wot). Also not sure why your timing drops off when adding load in high rpms.

Also on fuel pressure, ramp it up quicker (not too fast or it'll rattle). I'd try to run full pressure by 50-60% load and 2500rpm. It will essentially have a "table top". You're not running full pressure until its rapped out. Remember, more pressure and less pulse will make less heat and similar power. Pressure is always king.
Alright thanks alot! Like I said, I just started playing with it the other day so ive got a lot to learn! I dynoed almost 600hp so I think with custom tuning its gotta have some more power!

Back