Diesels in RWYB class

rickFPP

Promoter USA-EAST
beginning with the pull at Columbiana County Fair (Lisbon, Ohio) on Saturday, August 6 the weight for ALL DIESELS in the "Run What Ya Brung" class will be set at 7500 pounds. This includes Pro Stock Diesels and 2.6 Diesels that choose to 'bump up' to run with the RWYB division with USA-EAST.

Diesels at Clearfield (PA) tomorrow - Thursday, August 4 - will still be permitted to weigh in at 8000 pounds. rule changes can only take place after the fifth hook of the season for RWYB and Clearfield is the FIFTH hook of 2011.

I think this class is going in a gas only class direction. Wayne puts it too them everytime he pulls with them. The diesel proformance knowledge is advancing rapidly. I am sure they are frustrated. 2.6 should not have to drop weight. Pro street i guess. I would have to move more weights around to try to make weight than I am willing. Rick have you given any thought to a RWYB diesel class to try to draw more or a different style of truck.

A 2.6 truck should not have to drop to 7500 if they pull in RWYB! Even the prostock shouldnt have to. There still running a 1-ton or smaller driveline.

How dare you guys with good running diesel trucks beat the gassers! Especially that Tim Jackson with the Chevy. You embarassed the gas guys. Plane and simple.Its not a matter of a good show because i would put $100 on the fact that most people in the stands would rather the diesel put it to the gassers every time. Perhaps the gas guys need to go back to the drawing board and tune their chassis or make more power instead of changing weight. Or maybe the limit shouldn't be weight maybe the gas guys should be rpm limited? And an f.y.i., Waynes truck has been 7500 i believe so the problem lies in that pro stock guys jumping up with their stock drive line and putting the whoop on the open drive bad ass gassers is a problem.

wow i just noticed this thread and it through the WTF buzzer off in my head. I dont live close enough to this to pull however i pull a lot around here and that weight restriction is RETARDED!!! my truck weighs 8100 with half a tank of fuel and 0 LBS being added. For any guy like me they would have to literally strip the entire inside, remove the tail gate and be on fumes when they weighed in. that dumb and un realistic! good luck to guys with QCLB duallys like me. I feel sorry for you.

Gas trucks weigh 7500 in this class and have always weighed either 7300 or 7500 lbs.

Pro Stock Diesels have their own class with USA-EAST. 2.6 Diesels have their own class with USA-EAST. these trucks have been permitted in the past to 'bump up' and have been given 500 pounds until now.

Gas Trucks in RWYB have ONLY this class to hook. RWYB was originally designed for Gas Trucks and 3.0 Diesels. with the increase in technology it is now possible for good running PS Diesels and 2.6 diesels to 'bump up' and compete very well.

Thus the time has come to 'even the weights'.

I don't see the issue of making all trucks weigh 7500lbs. It is a RWYB class, so hopefully you brought enough!

It's easy just let the gassers and that sawed of little Irish feller to weight up to #8000 why make the diesels change there setups it's bs. I guess old school gas technology isn't getting it with the diesels these days. I guess it's time for the gaser guys to nut up!!!

Gas trucks weigh 7500 in this class and have always weighed either 7300 or 7500 lbs.

Pro Stock Diesels have their own class with USA-EAST. 2.6 Diesels have their own class with USA-EAST. these trucks have been permitted in the past to 'bump up' and have been given 500 pounds until now.

Gas Trucks in RWYB have ONLY this class to hook. RWYB was originally designed for Gas Trucks and 3.0 Diesels. with the increase in technology it is now possible for good running PS Diesels and 2.6 diesels to 'bump up' and compete very well.

Thus the time has come to 'even the weights'.

Even wait at 7500 pounds Is a total different animal on a 1500 frame with no bed floor and lexon windows.

Come on guys let's not bash on the gas guys. It is for the most part there class. Unless wayne is there. Until now has beat as been a awesome test spot. Sled is set usually close to our class.

The unfortunate part is those that want to test they're setups. This is no longer an option at that class weight. Take for example the red cummins saturday. He has been fighting issues all season comes out to test. The truck ripped, until he broke something, at. 7500 pounds how much good data would he have to learn from.(don't give up you are close) I have been there it sucks!

I would assume that pro stock an 2.6 will become a dinosaur. It is nice for those with tighter budgets to come and test. With a opportunity to go home with some money, because I am pretty sure not many of us do this too supplement are income.

i have nothing bad to say about any gassers. period. seems to me that this isnt to make the class better, or closer. Rather it is to offset some *****ing and complaining. If there is going to be a RWYB class it should be just that. And believe me i have nothing bad to say about any pullers.

Didn't the RWYB class change their rules this year to allow duals to bring the two different types of trucks closer? That probably was too much of an advantage.

Last edited:
Didn't the RWYB class change their rules this year to allow duals to bring the two different types of trucks closer? That probably was too much of an advantage.

Last year they all ran singles, per the '10 rules, this year all are running duals.

Back