Dead wipers...

Can you explain what lead you down that line to find that?

Vehicle also had no directionals too so the lin bus was not talking to the tipm module that they already replaced (they diagnosed on their own via youtube diagnostics) and I programmed on a previous visit. took a couple hours but got it 100% as they bought the truck at auction unseen and flew out to get it and drove it home on a prayer.

Just did a 13 chevrolet suburban no crank no start, IP was dead and no comms to class2 network...passenger seat occupancy ecu line was shorted because the passenger power seat motor mechanism wrapped the harness up in a wad. Unplugged the seat and truck started....Maybe I should fly out and work on Gary's truck......Maybe not..

Just did a 13 chevrolet suburban no crank no start, IP was dead and no comms to class2 network...passenger seat occupancy ecu line was shorted because the passenger power seat motor mechanism wrapped the harness up in a wad. Unplugged the seat and truck started....Maybe I should fly out and work on Gary's truck......Maybe not..
And the dig at the end.... I like it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Vehicle also had no directionals too so the lin bus was not talking to the tipm module that they already replaced (they diagnosed on their own via youtube diagnostics) and I programmed on a previous visit. took a couple hours but got it 100% as they bought the truck at auction unseen and flew out to get it and drove it home on a prayer.
Well now that you mention blinkers, the drivers front blinker works when it wants to, but not as a marker light when the headlights are turned on. But that's been since about 2015 or so!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

And the dig at the end.... I like it.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

both of ya..ill buy airfare if ya fix it and throw some serious at ya..soon as its fixed..im gonna find me a nice 2nd gen 24v and trade it or sell it..im done with anyhting electronic....the mule..the dually....f that

proceed to regularly scheduled programming buttholes.............

And I thought the VP 24-valves had an ECM. Hmmm….
Not so much when you.... P-pump it!!!
I really wish I could afford to just get it fixed, I hate electrical problems as much as Gary!

I’ve seen lots of posts lately of fellows having electrical issues with their 2ng Gen 24-valves. Lots of dead pedal issues, cruise not working, etc. Seems they’re showing their age.

That didn't load for me... what you sent me does seem pretty thorough in the troubleshooting process. Only hiccup I've run into is the instruction to of the pinout procedure, I haven't figured out which pin is which yet. I had to move on to a different smoldering fire before trying to figure it out more.

The pins and wire colors are listed on the diagrams I posted. If you need connector views let me know. If you want me to email the diagrams, let me know.

The pins and wire colors are listed on the diagrams I posted. If you need connector views let me know. If you want me to email the diagrams, let me know.
Ok, I'll print those off as well, thanks

Well, got the wipers working! Was the dumbest thing as usual. Had my electrician brother stop after work today, was chasing back over everything. In pinning out the wiper motor, he said it had power, but only 8v. So we decided to try running a new independent ground just to see, and like magic, 12v, and every function of the wipers themselves works as it should. Washer fluid squirter is still dead, probably another ground, but decided I was road worthy again so the rest could wait until we had more time.

I greatly appreciate all the help I've gotten so far. I need to go back through everything and make sure I got it all printed off for future reference.

Them electrical gurus are good friends to have ha. Always seems like even the most savvy gearhead shys away from the sparky stuff.

I hate doing electrical work!
The connection for the washer pump is pretty corroded, so I'll try getting it cleaned up at some point. Just alot of irons in the fire to keep cycling between right now, get it fixed enough to move on to the next hot job!

great info! Wipers have been dead on my 01 for about a year now. replaced multi functions switch and traced power past relay but never got any further. will utilize info above and report back. Thinking i may have a fuse box pin issue as my bower quit working at random. hit the fuse panel and she worked a few times. Currently has full power or non via a toggle switch. :lolly:

Back