Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > FASS Fuel Systems
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FASS Fuel Systems High Performance Fuel Delivery System

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #21
Diesel-Dan

Name: Diesel-Dan
Title: Just another Texas Boy...
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tater_thrower76 View Post
dan, looking for a fass pump that can hold up to 1300 cc p-pump...wondering which one i've heard of a 280 gph pump but dono if that will even work....if so pm me prices.... appreciate it thanks
Well i feel confidant that the 200 GPH will do fine with that pump. BUT if you want, you can look at the 265 GPH pump (Its listed as a 240 GPH still).

Use our dealer locator to find a dealer for prices. Ill let them handle that one.

http://www.fassride.com/DealerLocato...9/Default.aspx

2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 - EFI Live (MCS Tuned) and 100 HP injectors Built Suncoast Tranny

2002 VW Jetta TDI, Frank Irving Stage II cam, Bozio PP764 nozzles, VNT17 and Malone Stage 4 Tuning

Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #22
lowfly

Name: lowfly
Title: FASS Technician
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltracks View Post
Thank you Jim.

That's no problem at all...Glad to help. I also wanted to let you kow that the DDRP was designed as a STOCK replacement. If you have 100 horse injectors, any type of chip or box that increases the fuel etc, You might want to consider one of our other pumps. Good luck and keep us up to date on what your doing.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #23
05qcctd4x4

Name: 05qcctd4x4
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I am running a FASS 150/150 that Dan converted from a 95/150 last year I think it was. It has been running great. Pressure has been steady around 20 psi. I recently put on Industrial Injection's Dual CP3 kit that uses a Dmax pump. It says in the install manual the lift pump pressure should be between 12-15 psi. I have heard from others that the Dmax pump has trouble keeping the rail pressure low enough during liie throttle if the lift pump pressure is too high. I think this might be causing a surging I feel during lite throttle since putting the kit on. So I am wondering, where can I get a different spring rate to get my FASS into the 12-15 psi range and how difficult is it to change?

'16 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited longbed 4x4
True Blue Pearl

Traded in:'05 QC 3/4t 4x4 Deep Molten Red, ISSPRO, Smarty, DTT Billet Trans, FASS, 60lb spring

Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #24
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
Question posed on a DMax forum:

When you install a draw straw and get away from the factory pickup, does the Fass cease to be a flow thru pump, what i'm getting at, is if the pump dies for some reason, is the truck dead now ?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #25
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05qcctd4x4 View Post
I am running a FASS 150/150 that Dan converted from a 95/150 last year I think it was. It has been running great. Pressure has been steady around 20 psi. I recently put on Industrial Injection's Dual CP3 kit that uses a Dmax pump. It says in the install manual the lift pump pressure should be between 12-15 psi. I have heard from others that the Dmax pump has trouble keeping the rail pressure low enough during liie throttle if the lift pump pressure is too high. I think this might be causing a surging I feel during lite throttle since putting the kit on. So I am wondering, where can I get a different spring rate to get my FASS into the 12-15 psi range and how difficult is it to change?
Well im guessing we converted from a 95 GPH to a 150 GPH (150/95 to a 150/150)

If you have the 150 series (Large fitlers), you need a PS-1001 spring. That is our Duramax spring that will get you about 8 PSI. Should be perfect. 2 mins with a 7/8" wrench and you should have the spring changed. If it takes you longer, you are doing something wrong! haha....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
Question posed on a DMax forum:

When you install a draw straw and get away from the factory pickup, does the Fass cease to be a flow thru pump, what i'm getting at, is if the pump dies for some reason, is the truck dead now ?
Nope...should not make any differance. SHould flow though as normal. NOW if its an HPFP.....it will not flow though no matter what.

2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 - EFI Live (MCS Tuned) and 100 HP injectors Built Suncoast Tranny

2002 VW Jetta TDI, Frank Irving Stage II cam, Bozio PP764 nozzles, VNT17 and Malone Stage 4 Tuning

Old 02-19-2009, 02:21 AM   #26
05qcctd4x4

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan View Post
Well im guessing we converted from a 95 GPH to a 150 GPH (150/95 to a 150/150)

If you have the 150 series (Large fitlers), you need a PS-1001 spring. That is our Duramax spring that will get you about 8 PSI. Should be perfect. 2 mins with a 7/8" wrench and you should have the spring changed. If it takes you longer, you are doing something wrong! haha....
Yes, you are right 150/95 to 150/150.

Would 8 psi be too low for the stock Dodge CP3? And would that low still support both pumps? Sorry 'bout all the questions. Still green when it comes to diesel performance stuff.

Where on the FASS do you change out the spring?

True Blue Pearl

Traded in:'05 QC 3/4t 4x4 Deep Molten Red, ISSPRO, Smarty, DTT Billet Trans, FASS, 60lb spring

Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #27
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05qcctd4x4 View Post
Yes, you are right 150/95 to 150/150.

Would 8 psi be too low for the stock Dodge CP3? And would that low still support both pumps? Sorry 'bout all the questions. Still green when it comes to diesel performance stuff.

Where on the FASS do you change out the spring?
Actually stock pressure to a CP3 in a Dodge is 8 PSI.

Pressure itself is not an indicator that a pump can supply fuel to an engine...its the ability to maintain pressure....and that is where volume comes in. Pressure comes from the measurement of resistance of flow (Volume). SO pressure and volume are inversely related. Meaning when one goes up, the other goes down. SO if you reduce pressure on a system, and you have a 150 GPH pump, you have more potential flow at lower pressure to help maintain a level PSI than at higher pressure.

OK….say you had a 100 GPH pump.

At 0 PSI…it put out 100 GPH. Then if you increase the pressure to say 50 PSI…your GPH at that pressure reduces to say 65 GPH. SO if you ran the pump at 50 PSI…and the engine usage encroached on that 65 GPH flow rate…it would reflect in a pressure drop. This due the potential flow is greater at lower pressure. This is all assuming you had adequate flow on the suction side of the pump and the gauge was reading correctly….2 HUGE issues we deal with on a regular basis.

Hope that was as clear as mud……

SO more or less….yes…150 GPH pump @ 8 PSI should be more than enough for twin CP3’s. Remember, with duel CP3’s, you are doing the same thing we are doing to the engine feed. Supplying WAY more volume needed to maintain pressure. You double the volume to the “Common Rail” and boom….pressure stays up and you can run larger demand items with out pressure drop. BUT Pressure in an injection system is slightly different as they need pressure for atomization and to cram a predetermined amt of fuel though tinny orifices in a certain amt of time. Hence the super high pressures. Our side is not that critical. More or less a CP3 just needs a certain amt of positive pressure and its happy. (Positive pressure means it has more fuel it can handle and not in a need)

Ok....coffee time......

Last edited by Diesel-Dan; 02-19-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #28
05qcctd4x4

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Actually stock pressure to a CP3 in a Dodge is 8 PSI.

Pressure itself is not an indicator that a pump can supply fuel to an engine...its the ability to maintain pressure....and that is where volume comes in. Pressure comes from the measurement of resistance of flow (Volume). SO pressure and volume are inversely related. Meaning when one goes up, the other goes down. SO if you reduce pressure on a system, and you have a 150 GPH pump, you have more potential flow at lower pressure to help maintain a level PSI than at higher pressure.

OK….say you had a 100 GPH pump.

At 0 PSI…it put out 100 GPH. Then if you increase the pressure to say 50 PSI…your GPH at that pressure reduces to say 65 GPH. SO if you ran the pump at 50 PSI…and the engine usage encroached on that 65 GPH flow rate…it would reflect in a pressure drop. This due the potential flow is greater at lower pressure. This is all assuming you had adequate flow on the suction side of the pump and the gauge was reading correctly….2 HUGE issues we deal with on a regular basis.

Hope that was as clear as mud……

SO more or less….yes…150 GPH pump @ 8 PSI should be more than enough for twin CP3’s. Remember, with duel CP3’s, you are doing the same thing we are doing to the engine feed. Supplying WAY more volume needed to maintain pressure. You double the volume to the “Common Rail” and boom….pressure stays up and you can run larger demand items with out pressure drop. BUT Pressure in an injection system is slightly different as they need pressure for atomization and to cram a predetermined amt of fuel though tinny orifices in a certain amt of time. Hence the super high pressures. Our side is not that critical. More or less a CP3 just needs a certain amt of positive pressure and its happy. (Positive pressure means it has more fuel it can handle and not in a need)

Ok....coffee time......
Well, that pretty much answers the question. Thanks for the explination.

True Blue Pearl

Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #29
haloman

Name: haloman
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Dan,

I just ordered a FASS DDRP for my bone stock 01', now that these have been out a couple of months are you very confident in saying these are still a direct bolt in?

Thanks

Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #30
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloman View Post
Dan,

I just ordered a FASS DDRP for my bone stock 01', now that these have been out a couple of months are you very confident in saying these are still a direct bolt in?

Thanks
Yes...the current kits come with a hose and fittings to replace the hard or soft line between the pump and filter. Just reuse your bolt and gaskets. The pump bolts in place of the Carter. Should be good to go......

Old 03-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
haloman

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yes...the current kits come with a hose and fittings to replace the hard or soft line between the pump and filter. Just reuse your bolt and gaskets. The pump bolts in place of the Carter. Should be good to go......
Sounds good. I read in another thread where you said you didnt have any installed photos of the unit; is this still the case? I can snap some if it would help you out.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
lowfly

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloman View Post
Sounds good. I read in another thread where you said you didnt have any installed photos of the unit; is this still the case? I can snap some if it would help you out.
Halo,

That would be awesome! i for one would love to see some install pics on here for the DDRP.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #33
haloman

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfly View Post
Halo,

That would be awesome! i for one would love to see some install pics on here for the DDRP.
Ok, ill try to snap some pics on Saturday.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #34
6.0superduty

Name: 6.0superduty
Member`s Gallery
How many GPH are required on a Stock 04 6.0 Powerstroke? I would like to replace the entire factory system with a standalone FASS system. The most the truck will ever see may be a 2.6 turbo and small injectors, but not for a long time. What would you prefer, the 95 or 150 series, or does it not matter? Thanks
22s
Suncoast stage 4 w/ 1056

CODE RED (Sold)
04 F-250 CC SRW

2009 FATC Street Diesel Points Champion

B & B Pulling Team

Old 03-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #35
lowfly

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0superduty View Post
How many GPH are required on a Stock 04 6.0 Powerstroke? I would like to replace the entire factory system with a standalone FASS system. The most the truck will ever see may be a 2.6 turbo and small injectors, but not for a long time. What would you prefer, the 95 or 150 series, or does it not matter? Thanks
The pump i would recommend would be the FASS 95/90-2014@55PSI. This pump keep up with any engine making 500 or less horsepower. it will flow 90 GPH and it does it at 55psi which will eliminate your factory fuel pump. For pricing and dealer locations please visit our website www.fassride.com

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #36
full pull

Name: full pull
Title: Sales&Support Valair Inc
Member`s Gallery
Im looking for a new FASS I have what I belive is a 150gph pump only right now. I got a event certificate for $700 from the outlaw 5E sled pull on 3-14-09, just woundering what I could get with that, that would work well with my truck.. iv been told that the 22psi that my pump is making is to much pressure for my CP3, but it drops to 12psi under wot. look at my sig and tell me what you think, the only future mod would me a mod cp3.

thank you

Valair Performance Series Clutches

garywolf@valairinc.com

Big Bad Wolf Pulling

Valair, Hamilton Cams, Air Dog, Mineral Wells Collision, Dans Diesel Performance

Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #37
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by full pull View Post
Im looking for a new FASS I have what I belive is a 150gph pump only right now. I got a event certificate for $700 from the outlaw 5E sled pull on 3-14-09, just woundering what I could get with that, that would work well with my truck.. iv been told that the 22psi that my pump is making is to much pressure for my CP3, but it drops to 12psi under wot. look at my sig and tell me what you think, the only future mod would me a mod cp3.

thank you

Well honestly if you have a 150 GPH and you are going to stay with low pressure...you have all you need. That will be fine for anything above 600 HP......I don’t think you need a new kit to replace what you got IF you got the 150 GPH. Get me your SN i can tell you exactly what you got.

Congrats on the win! Wish i could have made it to Alvarado....

Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #38
Mwyant 00

Name: Mwyant 00
Member`s Gallery
? about a pump

I am going to by a pump from a member off of here and i just wanted to make sure that this pump will work good on my 05 cummins.

Fass 150 series
Serial number: 11376

It doesn't have a harness and im sure that it needs on, how much will it be to order one or am i able to.

2005 QC South Bend FASS Smarty

Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #39
JFlagg

Name: JFlagg
Title: Gun for Hire
Member`s Gallery
Hey Dan, I went to put that 200gph pump on finally today and realized I lost a bolt. I have the 2 short ones and the long one with the nut and washer still. Before I go buy another long one, is it the same as the other long one, just minus the washer and nut?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #40
Diesel-Dan

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwyant 00 View Post
I am going to by a pump from a member off of here and i just wanted to make sure that this pump will work good on my 05 cummins.

Fass 150 series
Serial number: 11376

It doesn't have a harness and im sure that it needs on, how much will it be to order one or am i able to.
I show that to be a FASS 150/150-1009 built on 5/9/2007. That is a low pressure 12 valve Dodge kit. The pump itself will work fine but you will need to get:
  • The fittings for the CP3 (PL-1003 and DIPF-1001)
  • STK-1001
  • WH-1004 harness
  • RM-1002-P

Use our Dealer Locater to find a dealer to help you with pricing and such:

http://www.fassride.com/DealerLocato...9/Default.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlagg View Post
Hey Dan, I went to put that 200gph pump on finally today and realized I lost a bolt. I have the 2 short ones and the long one with the nut and washer still. Before I go buy another long one, is it the same as the other long one, just minus the washer and nut?

OK...you got the old school unit with the "Between the filter" Bracket. You will need 3 shorts and one long to mount that T-Block. SO you lost one short.

You do have a draw tube right?

Closed Thread