Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #41
hydroshok

Name: hydroshok
Title: Covered in grease
Member`s Gallery
I had the 3800 dual ceramic from Valair in my 01. It was quiet and very strong. I stripped some teeth off 3rd gear and never had an issue with the clutch. This was on 351/75 compound truck with 5x14s, 5K springs and 500cc Ppump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-24-2017, 06:48 PM   #42
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I just bought an 08 6sp, the old man I bought it frin had a recite on the clutch replacement that said Kentucky clutch heavy duty ceramic. I've had a valair dual disc ceramic in my old 5sp truck and it shifted kinda slow but the pedal feel was decent and it would go in gear at the stop light no problem. My new truck is a ***** to get in gear roling to the stop light in neutral and then starting in 2nd, have to get it in one of the other gears first then back to second. Other than that the truck shifts smooth and easy, other than a stiff pedal. It has an efi tune and that's all it will ever have. Would going to a valair dual disc allow it to go in gear easier, or some other upgraded single disc be the best way to go. I tow alot but am easy on my work truck.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:05 AM   #43
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
I guess a quicker way to phrase it is, did you get the dual disc in yet, how is the pedal feel and will it go into gear easier. How touchy is it like in reverse.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #44
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
I do not have mine clutch in yet no.
However a single should never make a truck hard to get into gear in my honest opinion.
I'd be pulling it out to make sure the disk slides like it should on the input, etc.
the pedal feel on a dual disk (street clutch) will usually be better than a beefed up "clutch shop" single.
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 07-09-2017, 08:57 PM   #45
cerickson

Name: cerickson
Title: fullpull108
Member`s Gallery
Quick question Rick. Have you been able to get the new clutch in yet? Since I put efi on this truck you can't give it any hard acceleration or the clutch just slips. That's just on the street tune. 1 up from the tow tune of Anarchys mecenary 1. When they worn you the clutch will slip they were not kidding. My wife smoked me on a rolling 40 mph race with her truck.

Mine: 2008 Dodge 3500 megacab 4x4 drw 6 SPD stick. Anarchy EFI, Flo Pro egr delete, 5" straight pipe, Edge cts2

Wifes: 2006 Dodge 3500 megacab 4X4 drw goerend auto, 4 inch straight pipe, S&B cai, FASS 150 pump, EFI live by Anarchy

Last edited by cerickson; 07-09-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:16 PM   #46
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerickson View Post
Quick question Rick. Have you been able to get the new clutch in yet? Since I put efi on this truck you can't give it any hard acceleration or the clutch just slips. That's just on the street tune. 1 up from the tow tune of Anarchys mecenary 1. When they worn you the clutch will slip they were not kidding. My wife smoked me on a rolling 40 mph race with her truck.

No I have not installed it yet. Yea a tuned in any form 6.7 will ruin a stock clutch.
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 07-10-2017, 08:16 AM   #47
cerickson

Member`s Gallery
How are you towing with your efi and no clutch? You turning it back to stock to tow?

Mine: 2008 Dodge 3500 megacab 4x4 drw 6 SPD stick. Anarchy EFI, Flo Pro egr delete, 5" straight pipe, Edge cts2

Wifes: 2006 Dodge 3500 megacab 4X4 drw goerend auto, 4 inch straight pipe, S&B cai, FASS 150 pump, EFI live by Anarchy

Old 07-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #48
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
How are you towing with your efi and no clutch? You turning it back to stock to tow?

It has an aftermarket single disk in it.
My dual disk is just still sitting in the floor.

In my experience, even a 6.7 on "stock" with deletes will most likely slip a factory clutch.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 07-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #49
cerickson

Member`s Gallery
Gotcha. Thought you were still running a stock clutch.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #50
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Gotcha. Thought you were still running a stock clutch.

Nah, not with loads like this.
Click the image to open in full size.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 07-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #51
farmtruck09

Name: farmtruck09
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Am currently swapping motors and doing a pulling build in my 6.7. I don't daily drive it too often but a few times a month. I'm gunna run round 800 hp mark and am going w the south bend dd below in link. Couple buddies have it and run it in their pull trucks every weekend and drive to work w over 800. I've ran valair dd and sb on g56 and nv. Both are good companies, but a true dd comp clutch is not the best daily multi use clutch. Just my experiences

SSDD3600CBG

Closed Thread