Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:02 PM   #1
Bobus

Name: Bobus
Title: Powerstroked
Member`s Gallery
Hydro-locking overnight

So my '07 6.0l has started hydro-locking when I park it overnight. I had my truck in 9/10 months ago and had heads put on and studs put in. EGRs been deleted since I bought the truck. I'm not going through any coolant and I'm not having puking issues. This all started when it developed a miss at idle about a month ago, So figured i had a injector stuck open.. 8 new injectors and same problem. It will push through on most starts sometimes it takes a couple tries and once it fires up it rough idles for a few moments and smokes lots of blue/white and smells of raw diesel till it warms up. So do I have a cracked head in the fuel galley or a cracked injector cup?

'11 F350 6.7l 4x4 CC LB
'00 Excursion 12v Cummins 4x4

Old 03-21-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
hot rod4

Name: hot rod4
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
While it is possible that you have a cracked head or cracked cup, it is not the most common failure I have seen in this situation. More that likely an injector install issue. Did you install the injectors yourself? I have seen a couple times where when installed wrong the hold down backs off and the injector is loose in the bore. This is caused by oil left in the hold down bolt hole or improper torque. One way to help determine if this is the case before tearing down is to check for air in fuel while cranking which is pretty simple.
1. Remove the upper fuel filter and insure the stand pipe is covered in fuel.
2. Crank the engine but DO NOT USE THE KEY, big mess if you do plus truck will start
3. Watch for air bubble in the filter housing, if present you can isolate either bank to determine which side is causing the issue

I would do the above test and report back the findings.

Totaled-2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ, LML CCSB 4x4

Sold-2003 F250 CCSB 4x4 24V-G56 DFI 7x0.10 sacs, Adrenaline, CAT turbo, #110 springs

Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #3
Bobus

Name: Bobus
Title: Powerstroked
Member`s Gallery
I didn't do the injectors and it was doing this with the old injectors.. Thought it was a stuck injector to begin with part of the reason for new injectors

'11 F350 6.7l 4x4 CC LB
'00 Excursion 12v Cummins 4x4

Closed Thread