New Best Time for ZMBYKLR

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Put ZMBYKLR on a diet after I changed out my busted rocker arms. Previous best was 11.49 @ 117. That was on 37" Super Swampers with front and rear Iron Bull bumpers and a spare 37 on a TireGate.

I took the bumpers off and put on a stock front bumper. Got rid of the spare and TireGate. Also took off the light bar, step bars, and a couple other miscellaneous things. Then I took off the 37's and replaced them with some 285/60R18 Toyo Proxes ST II's. All in all it was about a 500-600lb drop in weight, not to mention the rotating weight of the 37's.

Went out to State Capitol Raceway yesterday for the test 'n tune. Had a crappy 60' due to spinning and hopping off the line and having to let out and get back in, but still managed an 11.18 @ 123.9. With a good launch I'm pretty certain it would eek into the 10's.

Unfortunately that was the only pass I got to make as one of my nitrous solenoids got stuck open. Easy enough fix though and I live to race another day. :D

I still need to remove the lift also; waiting on the stock coil springs to get here. I figure the drag that lessens will be worth a tenth or so too plus some weight.

Here's the timeslip and here's a vid of the stuck solenoid. Scared the crap outta me; I'd never seen that before, lol.

F685844E-9ED6-4954-9F6B-105D0221B887_zpslsfhpepb.jpg

Nitrous Solenoid Stuck Open - YouTube

I've seen that many times with the bottle psi too high, lets the solenoid open but not close because of the PSI. I now test the N2O button a few times (engine off) when at an event with a new bottle.

Nice MPH BTW!

Do you have a build thread? Or what is fuel and air setup?

6.0 with Smith Bros pushrods, RCD valve springs, and Hypermax rods. Engineered Turbo S472, Warren Diesel 285/150 hybrid injectors, Dieselsite HO HPOP, Nitrous Express 2 stage with a .052 and a .092 jet.

I've seen that many times with the bottle psi too high, lets the solenoid open but not close because of the PSI. I now test the N2O button a few times (engine off) when at an event with a new bottle.

Nice MPH BTW!

I suppose I need to invest in a bottle gauge.

Nice pass, now put that mother in the 10's

That's the plan. :D

Back