Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Tech > LLY GM Duramax
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

LLY GM Duramax Discussion of the 2nd Generation Duramax and Gm truck

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #1
Shenian508

Name: Shenian508
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Stalling

About 3 months ago I purchased my first Dmax, 05 ecsb 2500hd. It's currently has 98k on it and is none stock other than an EGR delete. Last week it randomly stalled on me twice after leaving my driveway and getting about 1 mile down the road, I threw it in neutral started it right back up and continued on my way. Now, every morning it is doing this to me, I drive it for about 1 minute and it stalls while driving, the battery not charging warning comes up but it immediately starts right back up. It will idle fine but cannot take any pedal and if I put it back into drive it will stall or if I press the accelerator at all it stalls like a vehicle out of fuel. I changed the fuel filter yesterday and that did not seem to help. If I can fight through the stalling and starting for about 15 minutes it seems to clear up and run fine for the rest of the day. I had a friend hook a solace to it and the entire fuel system seems to be in good working order. I'm getting very frustrated and would appreciate any help.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Sure sounds like air is getting in the fuel somewhere to me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Old 06-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
IdahoRob

Name: IdahoRob
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Agreed, next time it stalls don't try and start it. Open the fuel filter bleeder screw and push the primer down. If air comes out, that is your problem. Filter head leaking is common issue and there are rebuild kits available. http://atptrucks.com/duramax-filter-...2001-2010.html

"Max'd Out" SoCal Engine, Randy's Trans, DDP 9.36@154 MPH SS legal trim.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:04 AM   #4
7.7secdiesel

Name: 7.7secdiesel
Member`s Gallery
I'm going with Idaho Rob. If it runs fine after about 15 min you're probably getting air over night but after the fuel pressure has resumed for a while it is working the air out. Let us know what it winds up being

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 07-01-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
Shenian508

Member`s Gallery
Thanks. What throws me off is that it typically starts right back up and never seems to lose its prime. It has done it randomly a few times after driving it all day but mostly seems to be only after the first 10 minutes of driving it in the morning. I will try to do what Rob said next time it does it. I'm thinking a FASS pump and eliminating the factory filter will be my best bet.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #6
Shenian508

Member`s Gallery
I put a FASS titanium fuel system on the truck and nothing changed...I drove around with my friends Snap-On Solace plugged in and I finally got the truck to act up while plugged in. The truck was calling for 8 psi rail pressure during acceleration. I changed the pressure regulator on top of the cp3 pump and the truck has been great every since. Thank you for all the input and help

Closed Thread