Tool Review/Feedback Thread

Ghostman

24v crazy
I was thinking a tool review and feedback thread could be handy. People could post feedback about certain tools they have bought from different places so we can learn from their experience.

Such as:
I bought xxx tool from Harbor freight and it broke after one use, bought same thing from Sears and it broke too, build your own.

Or whatever the review is.

Maybe also post specials when tools go on sale or different things.

Thoughts? :poke:

I would be useful....if the search function was worth a dayum. Once the thread gets long enough, ain't no body got time to read all dat.

Maybe like a main general section with sub-sections:
Power tools
Hand tools
Specialty tools
Fabrication equipment
Shop stuff
Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad idea starting a forum for reviews like others have said.

I think every tool I've bought from Harbor Freight has broken at one point in time after so many users or if I've asked too much out of it :lolly:. One case in particular...

207543_209583849069908_3659493_n.jpg

Last edited:
it would work fine if people put the part numbers in the review so people can just search for the part numbers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

About 5 years ago bought a DeWalt cordless 18V lithium power drill. Can't remember what I paid. Great drill, lasted a long time, batteries almost lasted the life of the drill. I really use the drill hard. Ended up eventually bending the chuck shaft and then about a month ago, broke off the chuck off the shaft.

Went shopping and found another DeWalt cordless 20V Lithium Ion brushless motor compact drill. I bought it at Sears for $220. I really like it, nice and more compact. I also like the fact that the chuck is steel versus my old one was plastic. Very strong.

Speaking of drills, has anyone ever bought one of the harbor freight drill presses? They are one sale right now. Looking at the bench top one. For $60, I'm tempted to try it.
http://www.harborfreight.com/8-in-Bench-Mount-Drill-Press-5-Speed-60238.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTEyMzgzMzEiLCJza3UiOiI2MDIzOCIsImlzIjoiNTkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiOTA2NyJ9%0D%0A&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4913b&utm_source=1020

At work and home, I only use Milwaukee. Dewalt maybe great but Milwaukee is cheaper and support their batteries longer. Plus the new Fuel series is awesome!

My personal 3/8" Stanley ratchet is one tough SOB. Go figure, I got it at Walmart. I've had Craftsman and Ace brands break but this Stanley takes my 3ft cheater like a champ!

Until LoganS burnt it up, my Makita 4.5" angle grinder withstood serious abuse from 3 teenage boys and a Craftsman wire feed welder.

I like this idea. A subsection for tools and threads dedicated to particular types of tools. Say one for wrenches, one for air impacts, etc. And so when you're looking to buy you just find the type of tool you need and read reviews on different companies version of that tool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

yerp, co worker has one of them, i would have got that but I got the impact, a 1/2 tq wrench, and a 1/2 rubber handle breaker bar for 450$

Back