Big Sky Truck Fest 2017

I'm thinking about it.... it's a 12hr drive one-way so $300+ in fuel, 100+ hotel, tech card, food, etc.... this racing thing is expensive!!!

My engine is not yet in the truck so i'll miss the event. This truck will be there, 1970 C10 with built LBZ. Turbo 400 with locking converter and trans brake, not enough gear to see what it'll do in the 1/4 mile but he'll be racing it. Doing some dyno tuning on it now, tune 1 made over 800hp climbing steep straight up to the rev limiter.

Attachments

• quartering view.jpg
    quartering view.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Front quartering.jpg
    Front quartering.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
My engine is not yet in the truck so i'll miss the event. This truck will be there, 1970 C10 with built LBZ. Turbo 400 with locking converter and trans brake, not enough gear to see what it'll do in the 1/4 mile but he'll be racing it. Doing some dyno tuning on it now, tune 1 made over 800hp climbing steep straight up to the rev limiter.

1150 RWHP on tune 3. Runs out of gear 125mph so it ought to go like hell to the 1/8 mile.

NICE Truck!!! Hopefully Jason will be out there to shoot it for a feature...

Very nice truck. I'd love to read about the inns and outs of that truck and then build. Those year models are a favorite of mine.

Looks like a ton of fun!

It's a neat truck for sure, top of the line stuff under it.
It picked up an unbelievable 200+HP with just waste gate tuning on tune 3. Went from 940hp to a final of 1188hp with nothing changed but waste gate tuning on the compounds.

It's a neat truck for sure, top of the line stuff under it.
It picked up an unbelievable 200+HP with just waste gate tuning on tune 3. Went from 940hp to a final of 1188hp with nothing changed but waste gate tuning on the compounds.

Not enough seem to pay critical attention to wastegate tuning... I have seen many trucks on a chassis dyno as well as on a track where the wastegate is full open with a small diameter stack outlet and visible stream of smoke from spool up all the way down the track or though the dyno pull...

Back