Split x fer case

not going to ask how are what with you was making moptorboat noises with LOL gte a deer yet.

Bragg your wright about the sock drive line rules. but if Lynn goes for the 3.0 class:evil he would beable open for alot more options. it would be cheaper in the long run.

Dale

I dont see them letting him run a transfer case either then since its not oem on a 2wd. There would be no advantage/disadvantage to that over a transfer case I can see since low is the same ratio.

good point. Something was brought up at the rules meeting on the hitch hight similar. If we let the 2wd's run 30'' hitch then what would stop some one from pulling the front drive shaft and running 30". Me personally I wouldn't care, but others it was a big issue. It would kinda be the same situation in a way.

I wouldn't care if a 4wd wanted to pull the front shaft.the 30"hitch won't work as good as on the 2wd because of the weight of the front axle and some of the weight of the transfercase I hope you under stand what I'm saying.
What is the gear ratio of the Klune some reason I can't get on their web site.
What does Lynn's front end weigh when he goes across the scale.
Dale

What ever stock is lol. Just about all of the weight is either behind the cab or usually hanging off the bed.

This is the email I got. The goliath is 2.7.

Press Release Klune-V "Extreme Underdrive"

An "Extreme Underdrive" is an underdrive gearbox that bolts in place between the transmission and transfer case. We call it "Extreme," because the underdrive multiplies your existing gear reduction by 2.7 times ("Goliath" model) or 4 times ("David" model), rather than a usual underdrive/splitter ratio of 1.2 times, or so. With a Klune-V installed. instead of simple high and low range, you get up to four complete transfer ranges:

1. Both boxes in Hi;

2. Klune in Hi, Tcase in Lo;

3. Klune in Lo, Tcase in High;

4. Both boxes in low.

Gives your vehicle “tractor gears” It is intended for extreme four-wheel-drive applications, rather than towing or gear splitting in a big truck. It works equally well with both manual and automatic transmissions.

Applications available for:

Jeeps, all, incl Wrangler, CJ, JK, Rubicon, Cherokee, Commander, J-Truck, etc
Ford Early Bronco
Ford Full Size (31 spline) Bronco and pickups
Chevy 4WD
Dodge 4WD, Gas, Cummins, whatever
Toyota Land Cruiser with 4sp, or with GM or Ford V8
We have also seen Electric vehicle apps, 2WD apps, Industrial apps.

More info, instruction manuals, articles, applications data, pictures, etc: http://www.high-impact.net/transmission_and_gear/extrem e_underdrive_brochure.htm

High Impact Wheels / Transmission & Gear
Toll Free 888-898-4331
High Impact Beadlock Wheels and Gearing Options

This is the email I recieved today.

Andy -
1000hp? 1200?hp Dunno, the only thing I've seen break on one of these is the shaft and...

It will hold as much power as the shaft size will support. Dodge 29 spl in with Fixed output is pretty stout, if you weld the output shaft to the fixed output, this gives a bout a 1-3/4"dia output shaft - unlikely you would break that!. I had a guy that was breaking a 32 spl output, so we welded it like that, and now he can't seem to break it. And nobody has actually broken one of these Goliath gearsets, so - I know racers can break anything if they try hard enough, but it would be a first.

Goliath $1695, incl shifter

Fixed (2WD) flange out adapter $560

Greg Miller
High Impact Wheels / Transmission & Gear
Toll Free 888-898-4331
High Impact Beadlock Wheels and Gearing Options

Not a problem dale. If they allow it I think this would work great for the 2wd guys. Little spendy but what isnt in pulling right.LOL

No matter what you do it cost.I think Lynn should just breack out some of that old moldy money and by a profab 3sp only $5.000.00.then you can get what ever ratio you want are need.

Dale

I was just trying to sterr up trouble It would be better in my opinion that Lynn should go to 3.0 class if they can run open drive line.

Dale

Hope you find a good one with lots of $$$$$$ andis willing to give some up.
give me a call tommor
Dale

Lynn i have talked about this in my duramax days when i was pulling regulary. What i was told is the Tcase would rob power from you. My biggest reason for wanting to do it is to keep from eating rear end torque converters, And other gay parts. I like the progress keep up the good work.

Kurt

Back