EFI live adjusting for larger tires?

I know for Duramax's with EFI Live you are able to change up for larger tires and would assume for Cummins it is the exact same...

yes it can be done, go into the tune, internal flash, then i believe it misc or parameters im not in front of my laptop but you can change vss

Dont plan on it as EFI tunes ECM functions and last I heard not looking to break into the TIPM or anything like that anytime soon.

I just ended up buying a hypertech speedometer calibrator to adjust for my tires.

I assume if I do this....return EFI Live to stock tune. Plug in Hypertech...change speedo. Then re-download that as "stock" tune to my autocal then have my tunes based off that?

Last edited:
Apprently, according to Dodge, some of their ABS modules allow adjustments for a wide variety of tire sizes where others only allow for a few over stock. For example, my dad's '06. We have no way of adjusting it ourselves so when it was at the dealer last, we asked them to adjust it for 35" tires. It was a no-go as the module only allowed the largest of 285, IIRC. Les at SBT tells me that he's seen other '06 trucks with 38" tires and a corrected speedo. WTF is that about, Chrysler?? I'm halfway tempted to try to find a module that will allow an adjustment of up to at least 35" and put it in place of the existing module.

I assume if I do this....return EFI Live to stock tune. Plug in Hypertech...change speedo. Then re-download that as "stock" tune to my autocal then have my tunes based off that?

X2 on this. Since the speedometer is calibrated through the ABS module and EFI Live has no affect on tire size adjustments through the ECM, I would venture a guess and say it doesn't matter when but I don't know that for a fact. However, if you have one of the few modules, like my dad's '06, it's kind of a waste of money and a PITA having to buy another programmer simply to be able to calibrate the speedo and then hardly use it in the future, if at all.

Doesn't matter, you can just plug it in and do the adjustment. It isn't stored in the tune so it will stay set for whatever tire size no matter how much you change your tunes.

Yep, when I made the switch from Smarty I returned it to stock and loaded EFI and the speedo calibration remained.

^^^ This is why I believe some ppl think that with EFI their tire size cal is correct when in fact there old tuner just still has the abs sensor cal'd for their tire size still. I believe star scan only has tire size adjustment up to a 33" tire I beleive.

Ok. I'll just find a smarty Jr then and plug it in and do the tire size adjustment and not have to worry about messing with any tunes I have. Smarty Jr will do that too correct?

Yep, when I made the switch from Smarty I returned it to stock and loaded EFI and the speedo calibration remained.

No issues flashing the ECM with an EFI tune after "returning to stock" from the Smarty? Strange. Tried that same thing with my dad's '06. He was running a Smarty Jr. We loaded the stock tune back in from the Smarty and tried flashing one of Les' EFI tunes and bricked the ECM. Wouldn't even let us flash a known good stock tune on to it.

No issues flashing the ECM with an EFI tune after "returning to stock" from the Smarty? Strange. Tried that same thing with my dad's '06. He was running a Smarty Jr. We loaded the stock tune back in from the Smarty and tried flashing one of Les' EFI tunes and bricked the ECM. Wouldn't even let us flash a known good stock tune on to it.

Yours was a strange one...

Nope no problem, although I did not try to flash an EFI tune over Smartys stock calibration. I first loaded a known good stock file then loaded an EFI tune file. Could be the reason I didn't have issues, don't know.

Back