EFI live adjusting for larger tires?

Yours was a strange one...

Yes it was. Do we dare try to adjust the speedo with the Smarty Jr. on the new ECM?

Nope no problem, although I did not try to flash an EFI tune over Smartys stock calibration. I first loaded a known good stock file then loaded an EFI tune file. Could be the reason I didn't have issues, don't know.

It was returned to "stock calibration" with the Smarty itself or did you just load the stock file over the Smarty tune? Once an ECM is tuned with a Smarty, it is never truly returned to "stock calibration." With my dad's, it didn't even let us read the "stock" calibration.

Last edited:
I returned it to "stock" with Smarty then loaded the known good stock file with EFI Anarchy sent me, then I loaded a EFI tune. I didn't even try to read out the "stock" file because Cody told me it probably wouldn't work anyway.

Well shat. I wish I had known that the "stock" tune was gonna screw us up. Funny how simply trying to read the tune would ruin it. I wonder if MADS Electronics is aware that this happens. Maybe this could be overcome so that some guys don't have to find a known good stock tune to calibrate into the ECM just so they can flash an EFI tune into it later. I suppose it's easier to flash a stock tune rather than MADS rewriting their software.

Not pointing fingers at anyone but myself. I should've verified with Les or any other EFI tuner regarding this. Even the new ECM had a small hiccup. Just a couple of months ago I was flashing it with Les' street tune from a mileage tune and the damn thing gave me a checksum error. Luckily, the third attempt was a charm and it took. That had me sweating for a little while.

Last edited:
What for tuning were you running before? Tire size cal was most likely still saved in ABS Sensor from your last tuner.

What for tuning were you running before? Tire size cal was most likely still saved in ABS Sensor from your last tuner.

Smarty before that. Has anyone taken a bone stock, never tuned truck and adjusted for tire size with EFI?

Smarty before that. Has anyone taken a bone stock, never tuned truck and adjusted for tire size with EFI?

Tried MANY times...all equal in fail.

Like its been posted, the ABS module houses the tire calibration, and EFI doesnt flash or mes with the TIPM or ABS modules.

Figured I'd bring this back to life......Does the smarty Jr plug in and adjust the speedo without messing with the ECM like the smarty will? It would save me a little then buying the bigger smarty just for adjusting for my new tires

I no longer read cummins ecms. Flash only. Also, I have a special battery charger just for ecm flashing, flashing is faster if voltage is correct!

Could also just buy a TS respeed or hypertech tire calibrator too. Be a little cheaper. Not sure how well they work or that.

I have my hands on my friends Smarty now.....Now it is VIN locked to his truck as he has it loaded on his. BUT if only adjusting tire size in the ABS module.....it should still work right? Cause I won't be messing with anything besides choosing to adjust tire size which is only in the ABS module.

Will this work? Just trying to save myself a few hundred just to recalibrate.

Back