New High Pressure FASS

Alright Ford Boys......Funny you should ask.....as of Monday next week (the 25th), the 150 Series Ford kits for the 6.0L and the 7.3L will be released officaly. Up until now it was a "here is the pump, you finish it" type kit. Part numbers are as follows:

05-06 Ford
FASS 150/90-2013@50PSI
FASS 150/180-2013@50PSI

65 PSI Spring -- PS-1014

99-04 Ford
FASS 150/90-2014@55PSI
FASS 150/180-2014@55PSI

65 PSI Spring -- PS-1014

(NOTE: I have not seen the install instructions....so i need to make sure that this kit will cover the 6.0L since they overlaped in 03.....the 6.0L used differant plumbing. Meaning the addition of 3 extra fittings that the 6.0L requires that the 7.3L kits would not use.)

(7.3L was a touch higher in pressure for some reason when installed on the truck)

Last edited:
AUGSX said:
When is it going to be ready??? And can I upgrade my old 95gph system?

YOu can get a spring to push pressure up to 50-60 PSI for your kit. AND the motor amperage will be ok. BUT the volume will be lower at that pressure. It may or may not work. I would suggest getting the spring to try and run a fuel pressure gauge to check pressure drop at WOT. We didnt test this configuration last week. The 90 GPH kits only dropped 2 PSI WOT.......and it was very quiet for the pressure it is pushing.....can just hear it over the engine next to the truck...inside....cant hear anything.....

Thanks Dan, hopefully in the next few weeks I should be running DJ's fuel system, should I bother upgrading my spring? His kit uses the stock pump running at about 75 psi, I figure if the FASS is pushing the fuel to the stock pump it should be easier on both pumps, don't ya think?

Thanks,

Augie

Last edited:
This new one doesn't use the stock pump at all Auggie....
If you want ot support your stock pump..the currently available FASS pumps will do the trick.

Here is part of the relase letter.....

We have some great news about the FASS System for the Ford Powerstroke application. We have had many request for the FASS System to be able to by-pass the factory fuel pump because of the limited amount of fuel being delivered by this pump. We now have the capabilities to do so! The FASS Model Series 150 is ready to ship starting Sept 25, 2006, however you can start placing your orders now. The FASS 95 Series will be ready to ship Oct 10, 2006 with the HPFP systems about Oct 23, 2006.

The new Ford systems will completely by-pass the factory fuel pump, pumping 90gph or 180gph at about 50—55psi. These systems will pump higher pressures with a change of a spring, we kept the pressures at factory specs. From the extensive testing performed on the fuel pump of these systems, life expectancy is about 15,000 hours. 15,000 hours at 50 mph average = 750,000 miles, this is one heck of a pump and it is also quiet. Standing out side the truck you can hear the pump running but once inside, I could not hear the pump at all. Also, the 180gph system come with a larger fuel pick up tube.

Is there going to be a system for the 94-97 trucks? Or can we just go with a versatile kit and be fine?

WELL the 94-97 trucks pose some issues:

The big one is the dual tanks. The valve used is rather small and i feel might not allow enough fuel flow for the FASS (HPFP should be fine). AND then you need to figure out how to plumb the return line to make sure you are sending return fuel to the tank being drawn from. We have never tested the stock stuff....but i know it would need to flow a pretty good amt of fuel to keep the FASS happy. I would suggest an after market multiple circuit fuel diverter valve for multiple tanks or WVO applications.

The other issue is that we dont make a kit to plumb into the first Gen PSD. You would need to know what pressure you want to run. Are you going to use the stock lift pump or are you gong to bypass it? Keep the stock filter head or ditch it? That would have a bearing on what FASS kit to run.

I would definatly talk to Davit Lott about what he has as far as a kit for the 1st gen PSD trucks. He has a better understanding on the engine than we do and i feel would save you a ton of headaches for fittings, pressures and such.

I will definately do that when it is time, clutch and turbo are first. A few of the guys in our club have made their own systems and discarded the stock fuel filter. Which I don't care about that either way, just don't want to have to piece together a system and not have it work correctly in the end. But if I am going to do it it will be all new front to back so I don't have to do it again. Thanks for the replys guys.

Back