5r & HPtuners

displacedtexan

$500 PREMIUM MEMBER
I've got a VP 24v engine in my 06, with the 5r. Tuning it through the factory PCM with HPtuners. Figuring it out as I go...

So far so good, starting this because it's just not something you see much discussion of.

But it hasn't been that hard, and I have no previous tuning experience.

Well I'll be..you are as crazy as I thought. ]
Figure out the VP ECM torque management (Limit), and blamo... your rich.

Well I'll be..you are as crazy as I thought. ]
Figure out the VP ECM torque management (Limit), and blamo... your rich.

You just now got that confirmation? :hehe:

Doesn't the VP itself limit torque enough?

I'm making progress with shift quality. Shift points was pretty easy. Flare is mostly gone.

TC is doing pretty well, probably this fall I'll be getting a low stall and going through the trans.

I'm actually surprised you have a truck, your line of posts usually falls under General BS. Glad to know you can do more than bust ball's, and built top of the line trim work.

I thought I was going to same some cash by ditching the 5R and keeping my built 47. Now look at me.

I wish I had know HP was allowing trans tuning for these. I would have been tempted to leave it.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

I'm actually surprised you have a truck, your line of posts usually falls under General BS. Glad to know you can do more than bust ball's, and built top of the line trim work.

This is just the first time I've had an interesting truck!

Accurate assessment of about 13k of my posts.

I thought I was going to same some cash by ditching the 5R and keeping my built 47. Now look at me.

I wish I had know HP was allowing trans tuning for these. I would have been tempted to leave it.

A big part of why I started this thread!

Have you disabled any diagnostic monitoring yet? That's one of my next moves.

Yeah. Super easy in HPT.

Just went down a list setting stuff to "no error reported". It was one of the first things I did.

Back