Touchy pedal, surging issue

BigHemi02

I just got done swapping my motor and a 6 speed into a new 98 3500. Motor was my old 'race' motor. Pulled it from the drag truck and swapped the 5x.022s to 5x014s, Turbo went from an sx475 to a s366 silver bullet 3rd gen. Went into a 98 qcsb with a built 47rh and was really fun to drive, no real issues. Kept the 188/220 cam, and all that other jazz

Now the same motor is in another 98 (dually now) with a 6 speed and the pedal is very touchy, truck jerks and bounces like mad. Pump is still the same (billet .120 holders Lazer cuts, benched and has 5ks. The 5ks have been great for 10 years in an auto, no pedal bump to start or nothing.

In the 6 speed it's a bear to drive. I'm going down to a 363 turbo and gonna pull 2 clicks from the gsks and redo the return springs.

Anyone think that will help? All I hear is how 5ks are terrible on the street, but I've run em for years in an auto problem free. Should I just go to 4ks since the truck is getting detuned anyways?

Or does anyone know if I could pull one of the inner springs out to bring it down? Like the inner from a 4k to a 3k. I haven't messed with this pump in prolly 10 years, so I can't remember

Try loosening them up first, then remove the center spring if loosening them up doesn’t help. Don’t loosen them but a couple of clicks. I’ve seen folks loosen them to the point the keeper hits the housing and bends the shaft.

Im.gomma.pull 1 click out and see, then maybe 1 more. I already ordered a set of cheap 4ks that'll be here in a few days, so ill just swap em out of the clicks don't help. The motor has been rode hard but is just too good not to keep around, so just debunking a bit to put it in the ranch truck

Back