Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > PDRA Area
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
PDRA

Name: PDRA
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Post Official Press Release:

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
Falstaff

Name: Falstaff
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
The fun begins!

Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
John Robinson

Name: John Robinson
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Sounds good...... Lets have a race.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
ERemington

Name: ERemington
Title: Turbo Killer
Member`s Gallery
YEEE HAWWW!!!
112.21 MPH

Diesel Pro's Stanwood, WA
Vulcan Performance
DD USA
PDRA Member

Old 01-18-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Member`s Gallery
I have a question, the PDRA states that they will not charge for membership, (according to a post by Rottin Rhonda on NW Bombers) but in looking at the old DDRA website, there are membership fees, what is it going to be?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #6
TMONEYDIESEL

Name: TMONEYDIESEL
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Daryl,

Does this mean you wont be coming to any of our events? Wether or not your struggling with the legality side of things is of no concern we would still like to see you show up and have fun cause that is what this is all about right? All fords are welcome even the forgotten one , u can give me your address and ill send you a nice PDRA hat and shirt for ya what size do you wear?

YOUR SOURCE FOR:
Camshafts
Pushrods
Valve springs
Custom Turbos
Exhaust Manifolds
Carrillo Connecting rods

Old 01-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Michael

Name: Michael
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Can someone please clarify what role PDRA &/or DDRA are planning? Are they going to sanction events (like NHRDA and NADM), or are they organizations of competitors?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska
95 F350 CC DRW, Intake, exhaust, chip, injectors, locker, gauges
00 Jetta TDI - tunes, clutch & gauges
And a bunch of gassers

Old 01-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Can someone please clarify what role PDRA &/or DDRA are planning? Are they going to sanction events (like NHRDA and NADM), or are they organizations of competitors?

Thanks,
Michael Pliska
Good question Michael, DDRA listed the Woodburn Thunder Truck event as one of their events. I never saw any evidence of them being there, at least last year or 06 that I can remember. Maybe that is going to be the approach the new organization is taking. Not exactly sure what that does however?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:24 AM   #9
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMONEYDIESEL View Post
Daryl,
ill send you a nice PDRA hat and shirt for ya what size do you wear?
Are the hats and shirts free too since there are no dues.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
TwistedDiesel

Name: TwistedDiesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Forgotton View Post
I'll show up to whatever I can show up to. Calendar is filling fast already. Its no longer the legality of it. Its the fact that no one has stepped up as the official pdra representitive and addressed even one of my concerns. The few initial responses were either attempts at poor humor, or poorer sarcasm, and this was from the pdra "leadership". Anything after that has been to ignore me. Obviously that has worked to their favor (not).
Im suprised that Randy would let a NHRDA affiliate like yourself get on here and trash other race organizations while everyone is just trying to get things in order after the merger. Im sure you are # 1 on the get back to list especially when you start self imploding online, got prozac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
Are the hats and shirts free too since there are no dues.
they are out of our womens size right now check back later j/k idk whats going on with the dues or shirts and hats etc. Im sure the owners will step up once everything is in order and clarify any confusion.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
Dumb Ass Wade

Name: Dumb Ass Wade
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
I've heard nothing but negative things about the Manager/Owner of this Organization on other boards, and about the leadership of the PDRA as a whole. Not sure what to think here?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #12
Layson

Name: Layson
Member`s Gallery
Who is the PDRA? I have never heard of it? How much is it going to cost?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I've heard nothing but negative things about the Manager/Owner of this Organization on other boards, and about the leadership of the PDRA as a whole. Not sure what to think here?
Unless you are in the "group" (Pretty much means you have paid the guy money in the past for work), you won't get an answer, just a joke. He's a nice guy and has done a hell of a lot with building power from a diesel. But he loves secrets. Which in this case doesn't seem like the best move.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #14
DrSpeed

Name: DrSpeed
Title: Unregistered User
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jeff View Post
Unless you are in the "group" (Pretty much means you have paid the guy money in the past for work), you won't get an answer, just a joke. He's a nice guy and has done a hell of a lot with building power from a diesel. But he loves secrets. Which in this case doesn't seem like the best move.
You talking about Bill Feltcher?

DK Diesel • Autometer • South Bend Clutch • One Up Offroad • Dynomite Diesel • Nitrous Express • Toyo Tires • CompuSTAR • Dynatrac • FASS • BD Diesel • AMP Research • Painless Performance • Titan Tanks • Fluidampr • Grand Rock Exhaust

Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #15
Dumb Ass Wade

Name: Dumb Ass Wade
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpeed View Post
You talking about Bill Feltcher?
I think the guy I read about was Jeff or something like that, I'll check later..

Old 01-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #16
Lostbeer

Name: Lostbeer
Title: Liquid Goodness
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedDiesel View Post
Im suprised that Randy would let a NHRDA affiliate like yourself get on here and trash other race organizations while everyone is just trying to get things in order after the merger. Im sure you are # 1 on the get back to list especially when you start self imploding online, got prozac?
I honestly don't think he's trashing anyone. Me, Myself and I think these are legit questions.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #17
Layson

Name: Layson
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbeer View Post
I honestly don't think he's trashing anyone. Me, Myself and I think these are legit questions.

Maybe Twisted can answer the questions...

Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
Subman631

Member`s Gallery
Well, whatever, I have no problem supporting any organization who is trying to put on and build Diesel Drag Racing. I want to support them, would love to get some answers.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #19
fordsel

Name: fordsel
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I’ve had such a great time viewing this thread that I have to sign up. After seeing people’s integrity being questioned I needed to post some FACTUAL information regarding the opposition. I happen to know the mouth pieces speaking for that group. They are being scripted and frequently I’ve watched as their Florida race rep (Chris) hovers over the thread as a new post is produced.

First of all congratulations are in order for the four owners of the PDRA. They went from zero to a huge membership overnight as “the fastest growing diesel motor sport organization in the world.”

However the formation took place, I’m glad to see it and I’m confident that they have the sincere motivation to bring a diesel venue at the lowest cost to the racers. So, hang in there and remember those negative posts are a generated from jealousy and validate the rumors of just how pocket-lining driven that other group really is.

The integrity questions are being bought up by people who obviously either aren’t networked or don’t have enough experience with the diesel race community. I’ll set you straight with the facts: the owner of that 4 year old Washington state race org doesn’t wear white. He’s had a lot of problems with many businesses. Check out the problems with Eastern WA Sand Drags, Pacific Raceways (who didn’t receive promised fees), call them up they’ll tell you the story about it. Also let’s not forget the past purse issues where the winners never received their prize; once again guess who? Not to mention at every event gate fees are doubled and sometimes tripled with all profit going to the race org. How noble…..

Some of that race organization’s sponsors are poorly promoted because the owner of the race org has a shop that pushes a specific vendor’s products. So, sponsors aren’t receiving their full representation.

Last year at the SEMA show I spoke with some of the diesel-related vendors. Although they had praise for the Georgia race organization, they hammered the WA state org because they were given excuses about not meeting sponsors’ expectations.

And, to the Forgone Ford guy, who are you, do you race? If your racing success reflects your knowledge base, you must follow a lot of tail gates.
You seem to be a connoisseur of public records; did you have to receive a top secret government clearance to access them? You have a lot of time on your hands; perhaps you’re not too good with the ladies? You need to get a life.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
Lucky Jeff

Name: Lucky Jeff
Title: Stock Sucks
Member`s Gallery
So researching a subject and having knowledge on it now means you don't have a life.. Alright from here on out if any of you even THINK about knowing what your talking about I am dropping the hammer!

And yes he races quite often. Amazing that questions aren't answered, they are met with slams. You must back the PDRA too? I'm really likin that orginization. But I'll stop there, I don't want to know too much.

And before you get all bent out of shape.. I don't dislike the idea, I think it's great. And I definitely don't have any problems with the people running it. But this isn't the 50's. There are legal things that *should* be addressed. Will they ever be a problem? Probably not, but there is always a possibility.
02 Grand Cherokee - ummmmm?
http://www.facebook.com/JBrentson

Last edited by Lucky Jeff; 01-23-2009 at 03:14 PM.

Closed Thread