i want real led headlights

dieselbeef

dick doggin
not projectors or hid or any of that other stuff.

i want a led headlight that looks like what we already have. 2nd gen obviously.

the waste mangement rucks have led round lights..seen led lights for reg sq headlights..but not for our trucks

anyone got a hookup for em..

glass lenses would be asking too much huh?:poke:

Hell, maybe he is. I dunno. What were you thinking, Jeff?

I was thinking custom housing. New trucks maybe, but I have a feeling the 2nd gen Dodge is a ways down on the aftermarket manufacturers list..

Vled has some cool stuff though. Been watching their releases for a while now. Once my truck gets back from paint, i'll be filling the thing with their LED's.

well i was hoping for a glass hsg too but i realize thats a pipe dream...tired of buffin out the haze...

anyways who has actually got a set of replacement bulbs in led in stock hsgs then...id go do that...but i dont wanna drop 100 bucks to find out theyre ****....

theyre all about how they look so cool..i really dont care..when im drivin the toyhualer thru some backwoods ga country road at 2 am aint nobody gonna see me...i wanna do the seeing...i want bright...igot daylighters on the front and been using them but i want some good headlights

and btw..i need a third brklight led thats super bright for a worklight...whos is best..recons??

I wouldn't give RECON a dime if you can avoid it. superbrightleds.com has all kinds of bulbs in varying colors and intensities. I use theirs for my interior lights. RECON wants $60 for the LED interior kit. superbrightleds hooked me up with the same thing but for $15. Also Sylvania has excellent quality LED bulbs (interior style, not headlights) for sale now at autozone and O'reily's. I have them as license plate lights. Bright as hell. But they're $10 or $15 each. Pricey but name brand and killer quality

I have not read any positive feedback on the light out put of the led lights so far. I'm looking to put some in my wife's Jeep to match the HID projectors in the headlights but also want significant output.

Only problem with LED lighting is retrofitting them in halogen style housings/reflectors. Just cause they fit doesn't mean they will work right. The scatter is wrong, same as sticking in a set of HIDs.

The best way to do it is retrofit a proper projector into your existing housing. You'll get clean lighting with a proper cutoff and not piss off every other driver on the road.

Something like this:

http://www.vleds.com/new-products/d2s-mini-square.html

It will take some cutting and sealer, but they would work much better.

Or you can buy them already done for you:

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2G.RAM.RETRO

Halo rings are gay, btw. Opt out of those.

Only problem with LED lighting is retrofitting them in halogen style housings/reflectors. Just cause they fit doesn't mean they will work right. The scatter is wrong, same as sticking in a set of HIDs.

The best way to do it is retrofit a proper projector into your existing housing. You'll get clean lighting with a proper cutoff and not piss off every other driver on the road.

Something like this:

http://www.vleds.com/new-products/d2s-mini-square.html

It will take some cutting and sealer, but they would work much better.

Or you can buy them already done for you:

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2G.RAM.RETRO

Halo rings are gay, btw. Opt out of those.

What this guy said. If you want bright, go with a 55w HID kit from DDM. And then do the projector retrofit in the stock housing so the scatter is right.

retro is on my list as amtter of fact. the non hid deal is probly my next one..course the biggest problem i have really is the friggin hsgs always getting fogges over and having to keep polishing them clear again..lights i got aint bad if the bulb can shine thru em

You mean something like this????

IMG_2984_zpse56d6994.png

Im in on this too. 03-04's are just as bad as 2nd gens. Right now I have some aftermarket projectors. They are a bit brighter than stockers, but being cheap lights, the bulbs are just as cheap. Id love to throw some better bulbs in them, but who knows how that's going to work. And honestly, Im not a fan of HID's..... Never had a set last longer than a few months!!!!

And to me, the LED bulbs don't look like they put on that much light!

Back