Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > IH / Case
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IH / Case Team Red

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
mtboggs

Name: mtboggs
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
856 407 engine sleeve issues

Does anybody have any experience in rebuilding these engines. We have rebuilt ours for the third time and we are having issues with the top of the sleeves cracking and breaking off. We did everything by the book used a sleeve press and seemed them at spec, we can't figure out what we are doing wrong. The original engine went almost 10,000hrs then the top of the sleeves cracked and broke off, now it keeps doing it any input or info would be great.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
Bio-cummins

Name: Bio-cummins
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I just did the motor in my 1256 last year piston protrusion is critical there all supposed to be within 2 to3 thousands I believe and the psi it takes to push the sleeves in is also critical. Did you hone the sleeves after pressing them in? Pistons are all to spec? Did you have the block bores machined so they are true and or to get oversized sleeves? Something is not right..

Closed Thread