Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #81
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmiller View Post
Correct. ANY heads up racing without power limitations ends up this way.

Super street trucks are just 1500lb heavier Pro Street Trucks with suspension limitations.

Pro Street: I don't see lowering the 4500lb minimum weight being beneficial. It would make the class all go 2wd or tube chassis. May as well build a Pro Mod truck at that point.

I think it would be better to let the Super Street Trucks drop into the Pro Street category and start a 10.0 index class (roll bar minimum) This would give you an index class at the fastest time allowed with just a roll bar and you'd see a lot of true hot street trucks gunning for the 10.0 class without having to pony up to go to an 8.50 cert, NHRA license, and try to keep a drivetrain together at 1600+HP.

Everyone complains about index racing, but the same people ***** about not being able to afford a the heads up classes and how they are out of reach for anyone without a shop/team.

Now you would have all the Pro Street and Super Street trucks in one pile and it would be a lot better racing with potential to have a 16 truck field at an ODSS race. (Rudy's spring 2016 was 13)

All the Super Street trucks that weren't competitive in the first place would bounce to the 10.0 index and should be able to go rounds in comparison to running all out every pass and should be fun racing for the spectators.

Lavon
Mixing SS and PS won't work. Being one of the competitive guys in SS I know in order to win in PS i need breakage to occur in the other lane. When us super street truck set the world on fire with these 8 second passes. Our 1/8 mile times are in the mid 5.7's and higher. Thats not cutting it in PS. Me personally having that kind of money in a truck and the goods under the hood. I'm not going to waste my time running a class that I'll only win if breakage happens in the other lane. On top of the fact that because I'm heavier i'm the more likely one to break. I have a love for a 4 wheel drive truck and just hope something can be squared away. Save the 4 wheel drive!

Old 05-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #82
Chris B

Name: Chris B
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Looks like we can all agree on one thing, none of us know the answer.

Ive kicked around going PS as im sure others have. But like anthony said, what is really the benefit right now? We already have a lot of $ and time tied up in our current trucks, and with the current SFI certs well spend a lot more money just to end up all jammed in to a 8.0 index essentially. Most all of us at the top of SS and PS are adrenaline junkies and want to run heads up balls to the wall, first to the line wins. So the way i see it, is if im going to spend the money and time to go to PS, why not just go to Pro Mod and be truly safer and have something that can go play at gas races/no preps too.

At least in PS, everyone is going to hit a cap and technology will catch up to the ET cap and stuff will start breaking less and maintenance will eventually start to decrease some. the Problem in SS is they are SO heavy, they wont hit the ET cap for a ways yet (or at least another 300-500hp from now) and at that point, stuff will be grenading every pass. Its going to run everyone off from the class completely if we keep on the current path.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #83
YOUNG GUNS15

Name: YOUNG GUNS15
Title: Im AWESOME!!!!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmiller View Post
Correct. ANY heads up racing without power limitations ends up this way.

Super street trucks are just 1500lb heavier Pro Street Trucks with suspension limitations.

Pro Street: I don't see lowering the 4500lb minimum weight being beneficial. It would make the class all go 2wd or tube chassis. May as well build a Pro Mod truck at that point.

I think it would be better to let the Super Street Trucks drop into the Pro Street category and start a 10.0 index class (roll bar minimum) This would give you an index class at the fastest time allowed with just a roll bar and you'd see a lot of true hot street trucks gunning for the 10.0 class without having to pony up to go to an 8.50 cert, NHRA license, and try to keep a drivetrain together at 1600+HP.

Everyone complains about index racing, but the same people ***** about not being able to afford a the heads up classes and how they are out of reach for anyone without a shop/team.

Now you would have all the Pro Street and Super Street trucks in one pile and it would be a lot better racing with potential to have a 16 truck field at an ODSS race. (Rudy's spring 2016 was 13)

All the Super Street trucks that weren't competitive in the first place would bounce to the 10.0 index and should be able to go rounds in comparison to running all out every pass and should be fun racing for the spectators.

Lavon

I like this idea a lot actually. This is exactly where my street truck would fall in the grand scheme of things. I can't even fathom playing with the boys in SS since the big guys are toting low 9's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #84
LAmiller

Name: LAmiller
Title: THE KT-BOUNDARY
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
Mixing SS and PS won't work. Being one of the competitive guys in SS I know in order to win in PS i need breakage to occur in the other lane. When us super street truck set the world on fire with these 8 second passes. Our 1/8 mile times are in the mid 5.7's and higher. Thats not cutting it in PS. Me personally having that kind of money in a truck and the goods under the hood. I'm not going to waste my time running a class that I'll only win if breakage happens in the other lane. On top of the fact that because I'm heavier i'm the more likely one to break. I have a love for a 4 wheel drive truck and just hope something can be squared away. Save the 4 wheel drive!
I'm not talking about joining them and running 6000lb trucks against 4500lb trucks, your truck is a back half and fiberglass away from a competitive pro Street truck, it would not be a crazy investment to turn the current SS trucks that have been 8s into a PS truck.
http://www.shop.firepunk.com

Old 05-26-2017, 05:26 AM   #85
Woosley

Name: Woosley
Title: Barely was has been
Member`s Gallery
But, there already is an index class, that is a good entry level for anybody that has pro street goals, but needs a reality check into what it takes to keep going round after round at just a 1000 horsepower range.
Firepunk Diesel
D&J Precision Machine
Exergy Performance
Diesel Performance Converters

Old 05-27-2017, 12:14 AM   #86
07ram5.9

Name: 07ram5.9
Member`s Gallery
I say put limits on engine power somehow like maybe turbo size and configurations and only one stage. I come from the Honda game and in the street class you actually have to have a true street car. They even tested your fuel to make sure you're not running a higher octane than what's allowed. I like true heads up classes and we all know just because you are the fastest doesn't mean you'll win but it needs to be competitive.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #87
sootie

Name: sootie
Title: .....like a BAWSS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ram5.9 View Post
I say put limits on engine power somehow like maybe turbo size and configurations and only one stage. I come from the Honda game and in the street class you actually have to have a true street car. They even tested your fuel to make sure you're not running a higher octane than what's allowed. I like true heads up classes and we all know just because you are the fastest doesn't mean you'll win but it needs to be competitive.
That's when you run E85, less octane, more powah

Old 05-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #88
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
E85 is 100+ octane.
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #89
07ram5.9

Name: 07ram5.9
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
E85 is a high octane fuel. E85 at the pump is like 100 +/- because it's mixed with 91 gas. E85 is a less powerful fuel and that's why it takes so much more fuel to run.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #90
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ram5.9 View Post
E85 is a high octane fuel. E85 at the pump is like 100 +/- because it's mixed with 91 gas. E85 is a less powerful fuel and that's why it takes so much more fuel to run.
E85 makes more power in my car than MS109 . Sweet derail !
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Closed Thread