Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Diesels for Christ
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #41
Kick Start

Name: Kick Start
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
It's on the Internet, so it must be true.

All possible because of UNICORNS
Wampus Cat Diesel

Old 09-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #42
Diesel Tech

Name: Diesel Tech
Title: #1 Crusty Old Fart
Member`s Gallery
Wade said so, from reading the internet NOT the bible. You would think that one might do a little of there own research prior to inserting both feet in there mouth.

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Old 09-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #43
estrada5.9

Name: estrada5.9
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Start View Post
It's on the Internet, so it must be true.
I almost felt ignorant yesterday when searching for an easy copy paste proof that The Bible is God breathed. In my searching I found that if I wanted to believe something there was internet site or sites for every answer a person could want. If I believe that the leaves fall off trees in the fall because of the added pollution from diesels idling longer there would be a website for that. If I believe that leaves fall off trees because hybrid batteries vent more in cool weather and poison the trees there's probably one for that as well.

In the end if a person wants the truth they must devote time to seeking it. I believe will all of me that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and the way to eternal salvation is through him and only him.

I think that its harder to believe that everything came from nothing than had a creator that designed and made it happen. That's just my view. Some may believe that nothing exploded and here we are.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 PM   #44
estrada5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Tech View Post
Wade said so, from reading the internet NOT the bible. You would think that one might do a little of there own research prior to inserting both feet in there mouth.
Not Wade specifically but going off your comment with this; the reason some people are turned off to Christianity is because of some people that claim to be Christians. They see them living the same life as them the same way and think what is the difference between me and them. If the answer is nothing the why bother.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #45
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick Start View Post
I don't understand why people feel the need to go to one area to worship god? Did he not create the world? Therfore every spot should be holy?

I'm not trying to change anyone's beliefs, just can't stand the arrogance of so called christians.
They don't need to. Anyone can have access to God anywhere.

Are you eluding to why that particular spot in Israel or why particular buildings or what?

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 09-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #46
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Tech View Post
Who the heck are you to trample on anyone's beliefs or moral compass based on perceived/assumed/actual past experiences? Their are more than a few who have the same feelings about you for similar reasons as you have towards Wade. So why do you follow him around the internet & trash him at every angle?

How about you lay your faith beliefs out for these guys to read & see if anyone has any remarks about hypocracy & such like you've done to Wade. Otherwise, you may want to enjoy a glass of be quiet.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 09-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #47
Kdubya

Name: Kdubya
Title: 4Given
Member`s Gallery
I think this is what Wade is referring to from 2 Thessalonians... New Testament. This is from the Apostle Paul or Saul of Tarsus. The writer of over 90 percent of the New Testament.

The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #48
Kick Start

Name: Kick Start
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrada5.9 View Post
I almost felt ignorant yesterday when searching for an easy copy paste proof that The Bible is God breathed. In my searching I found that if I wanted to believe something there was internet site or sites for every answer a person could want. If I believe that the leaves fall off trees in the fall because of the added pollution from diesels idling longer there would be a website for that. If I believe that leaves fall off trees because hybrid batteries vent more in cool weather and poison the trees there's probably one for that as well.

In the end if a person wants the truth they must devote time to seeking it. I believe will all of me that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and the way to eternal salvation is through him and only him.

I think that its harder to believe that everything came from nothing than had a creator that designed and made it happen. That's just my view. Some may believe that nothing exploded and here we are.
I see nothing wrong with, nor was I trying to say there is no god. I don't feel the need for someone to tell me when the end is near. It will get here when it gets here.
I actually hope there is a god and hope he will answer questions that I have.

All possible because of UNICORNS
Wampus Cat Diesel

Old 09-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #49
Kdubya

Member`s Gallery
Here's a link that talks about the third temple..

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pages...ish-temple.htm

Old 09-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #50
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Does verse 11 not amount to predestination?

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #51
Kdubya

Member`s Gallery
It does amount to predestination. God does not make mistakes.

The doctrine of predestination in Calvinism deals with the question of the control God exercises over the world. In the words of the Westminster Confession of Faith, God "freely and unchangeably ordained whatsoever comes to pass."[1] The second use of the word "predestination" applies this to the salvation, and refers to the belief that God appointed the eternal destiny of some to salvation by grace, while leaving the remainder to receive eternal damnation for all their sins, even their original sin. The former is called "unconditional election", and the latter "reprobation". In Calvinism, people are predestined and effectually called in due time (regenerated/born again) to faith by God.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #52
biggy238

Member`s Gallery
And might I make the assumption that you are Protestant?

-Little Sexy
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 09-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #53
Joesixpack

Name: Joesixpack
Title: Pull'n it.
Member`s Gallery
One of my operators turned out to be heavy into the bible thumping and it apparently something big is coming up as he gave me some list of days he couldn't work right in the mist of the best harvest weather we have had citing some religious crap. I proceeded to add to the days he won't be working so he can prepare.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #54
biggy238

Member`s Gallery
I'm seeing some sort of psychological profile emerge from this thread......

-Little Sexy
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 09-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #55
estrada5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
One of my operators turned out to be heavy into the bible thumping and it apparently something big is coming up as he gave me some list of days he couldn't work right in the mist of the best harvest weather we have had citing some religious crap. I proceeded to add to the days he won't be working so he can prepare.
I understand the God first philosophy but I also know that God is just and righteous and understands when a person is in a profession that requires work when the work needs done like agriculture.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #56
estrada5.9

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
I'm seeing some sort of psychological profile emerge from this thread......
Oh goodness haha.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:09 AM   #57
matty169

Name: matty169
Member`s Gallery
HAHA........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
I see what you did there............

Old 09-26-2014, 05:15 AM   #58
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
How many times has "the return" been predicted to be at hand in the last 2000 years? No, I am not a believer, I've seen too many good people go way before their time, (cancer or some other terminal illness), because it was "Gods will" despite the countless people praying for them to be healed. Besides, Sunday mornings were made for beer and bacon!
x2 brother

Old 09-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #59
Kdubya

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
And might I make the assumption that you are Protestant?
I used to be a dead sinner. Now, I am saved and I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. I follow Jesus and read God's word always. I don't "belong" to a church as we must be careful of false teachers and there are plenty of those out there so I don't take the chance and just follow God's word the Bible. Jesus paid the price for all sin of the world. He bought me, and you, with his blood. If you profess with your mouth that Jesus died on the cross for your sin and three days later he was resurrected, you will be saved and have ever lasting life.

It's nice to see a peaceful conversation about our Lord and Savior.

I always try to ask people, IF you knew for a fact that Jesus were coming to your house today to pick you up at 3pm and was taking you to live with him forever, you'd be ready wouldn't you?

Old 09-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #60
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
My copy and paste was to show that there IS lots of proof that the jews were in fact slaves, and did work for the egyptians, and how it lines up PERFECTLY with what the bible says...

Now on to the thread topic, the Bible references the third temple in dozens if not more speaking about this. Did you know a third of the Bible is Prophecy?

Here are only 10 that have been fulfilled since 1948! http://www.therefinersfire.org/recent_prophecy.htm

Did you know that all but a few things have actualy happened...to the day of its prophecy!!! God is real, as is the Word of GOD.

I'll attempt to reference all the verses that talk directly about the third temple or reference it, but it does no good if you dont believe the Bible in the first place!

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/...-Third-Temple/

Daniel 9:26 - And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Revelation 13:18 - Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

Revelation 11:1-2 - And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. (Read More...)

2 Thessalonians 2:4 - Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 - Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and [by] our gathering together unto him, (Read More...)

Daniel 9:27 - And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 9:24-27 - Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. (Read More...)

Ezekiel 37:1-28 - The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which [was] full of bones, (Read More...)

Isaiah 53:1-12 - Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? (Read More...)

Isaiah 46:9-10 - Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me, (Read More...)

Deuteronomy 28:64 - And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, [even] wood and stone.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (Read More...)

2 Thessalonians 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Ephesians 2:1-22 - And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; (Read More...)

2 Corinthians 6:1-18 - We then, [as] workers together [with him], beseech [you] also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 6:1-20 - Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 3:1-23 - And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, [even] as unto babes in Christ. (Read More...)

John 2:20 - Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

Luke 21:6 - [As for] these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Luke 1:9 - According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.

Matthew 24:15 - When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

Matthew 24:2 - And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Matthew 24:1-51 - And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to [him] for to shew him the buildings of the temple. (Read More...)

Zechariah 12:3 - And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zechariah 12:1-14 - The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. (Read More...)

Zechariah 10:6-12 - And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph, and I will bring them again to place them; for I have mercy upon them: and they shall be as though I had not cast them off: for I [am] the LORD their God, and will hear them. (Read More...)

Daniel 12:10 - Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Daniel 11:31 - And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily [sacrifice], and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Ezekiel 38:1-23 - And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, (Read More...)

Jeremiah 51:1-64 - Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will raise up against Babylon, and against them that dwell in the midst of them that rise up against me, a destroying wind; (Read More...)

Isaiah 56:8 - The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather [others] to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Isaiah 48:1-22 - Hear ye this, O house of Jacob, which are called by the name of Israel, and are come forth out of the waters of Judah, which swear by the name of the LORD, and make mention of the God of Israel, [but] not in truth, nor in righteousness. (Read More...)

Isaiah 44:8 - Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared [it]? ye [are] even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, [there is] no God; I know not [any].

Isaiah 44:7-8 - And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. (Read More...)

Isaiah 44:6 - Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God.

Isaiah 14:1-2 - For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob. (Read More...)

Isaiah 11:11 - And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

Isaiah 11:1-16 - And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: (Read More...)

Isaiah 1:3 - The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: [but] Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.

Isaiah 1:1-31 - The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, [and] Hezekiah, kings of Judah. (Read More...)

Nehemiah 2:8 - And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which [appertained] to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me.

Deuteronomy 30:3 - That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.

Leviticus 25:8 - And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.

Genesis 12:2-3 - And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: (Read More...)

Genesis 8:4 - And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

Genesis 8:3 - And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.

Revelation 1:3 - Blessed [is] he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time [is] at hand.

John 19:6 - When the chief priests therefore and officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify [him], crucify [him]. Pilate saith unto them, Take ye him, and crucify [him]: for I find no fault in him.

John 14:23 - Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:15-16 - If ye love me, keep my commandments. (Read More...)

Isaiah 48:3-5 - I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did [them] suddenly, and they came to pass. (Read More...)

Isaiah 46:9 - Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me,

Genesis 7:24 - And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Genesis 7:11 - In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Closed Thread