Actual Deck Length of 30' Trailer

wilmesbm

Question: Does anyone out there have a PJ 30' gooseneck trailer? If you do, what is the actual length of usable deck space?

I may be able to get a deal on a 2014 30' straight gooseneck trailer. Not a 25+5, a 30' straight trailer with 8' pull out ramps. My goal is to buy a trailer that will fit two race trucks on it. One RCSB and one RCLB. The only way I could see making it all fit on a 30' trailer would be to load the RCSB first and then put the RCLB behind it with everything after the rear wheels hanging off the back of the trailer. A quick measurement I just did out in the barn, with one of the trucks currently on the lift, put me at 30' 9" of necessary deck length. So, really, 31' would be perfect.

So, the question is, is there 31' of usable space on a 30' gooseneck trailer? Does anyone have one that they could measure for me? I'm going to call PJ in the morning, but in the meantime, if anyone has any information they could offer, it'd be greatly appreciated.

A 30' deck is exactly 30', if you need anything more than that you will either have to make an extension for it or get a longer trailer.

A 30' deck is exactly 30', if you need anything more than that you will either have to make an extension for it or get a longer trailer.

That was my assumption, but I haven't been around them enough to know for sure, hence the question. Thanks for the response.

I may have to get creative, or turn the RCLB into a RCSB.

I'd still call them to be sure, I have a PJ 27+5, and it measures longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

From my experience in my vast time on this earth... You'll regret getting that small of a trailer.
I prefer to have a little more than I need.

^I'll second that^ I could get by with a 20+5 14k trailer for my primary intent, but went with the 27+5 dual tandem, just to be sure I'd always have enough trailer. Most likely far more than my truck was ever intended to be hooked to by Dodge!

You may have trouble loading on a straight deck trailer with 8' ramps. The dove tail trailer and ramp combo is closer to 10' to lessen the angle. Just food for thought. I know some trucks get close to dragging the frame on mine if they are lower then stock and its a dove tail.

You may have trouble loading on a straight deck trailer with 8' ramps. The dove tail trailer and ramp combo is closer to 10' to lessen the angle. Just food for thought. I know some trucks get close to dragging the frame on mine if they are lower then stock and its a dove tail.

This as well...

A 32' hydraulic dove might be more of what you're after.

From my experience in my vast time on this earth... You'll regret getting that small of a trailer.
I prefer to have a little more than I need.

In all honesty, other than the 6 ODSS races where I would like to trailer both trucks, this trailer is more than I'll ever need on a regular basis. And I'm ballin on a serious budget, so if the deal is right, I may have to put up with it.

In general though, I do agree with you, and appreciate the input.

This is probably my biggest concern. I remember seeing Josh Fischer load Lil Tugger on a similar trailer and it was very close to dragging the frame. He was able to get it on there though.

A dovetail would definitely be a lot easier, I do agree with that, but this deal may be worth at least trying.

A 32' hydraulic dove might be more of what you're after.

In a perfect world where money was not a concern, I would have to agree with you. I could never justify spending that kind of money on something that I would fully utilize only 8 or 9 times a year.

I'd love to have one, don't get me wrong, but it's just not in the cards. If I'm being completely honest, I probably wouldn't spend the money on a trailer like this one if it wasn't at an auction where I thought I could do pretty good on it.

You could always cut a slight dovetail into it if you get to help with the loading angle.

Back