Jumpy guages

mrmuddy76

Iv been looking around and reading up on the jumpy fuel pressure gauges. Well I don't have a fp gauge but I just installed a boost,oil press. And egt gauge and all three seem jumpy. The oil press jumps around 10. Psi even with the snuber , the boost is kinda jumpy when building boost slowly, it kinda moves in increments same for the egt. I love the gauges and kinda think maybe they will smooth out in time. Just curious as the what every one else has seen.

Also has any one figured out how to get the lights to dim low without flickering. I have the dim pot inline with my stock gauges but I like to run them all the way down and makes my isspros strobe

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get an email notification of a post in this forum!

The "notchy" behavior of the EV2 gauges is an unfortunate consequence of using stepper motor mechanisms. They are very accurate, but hard to make them very smooth in appearance (especially with slow movement) without sacrificing accuracy. We will probably look at some software changes to see if we can smooth them out without sacrificing accuracy.

As far as the flickering, are the gauges dimming at roughly the same rate as your factory gauges? If not (EV2 gauges dimming quicker than factory gauges to the point of flickering while factory gauges are still fairly bright), then this can be fixed by reprogramming the dimming curve using programmer P/N R82003 (or send it in for reprogramming at no charge). If you just want the gauges to dim VERY low light output but they flicker, that is unfortunately something the LEDs do at very low light output. I think we can improve on that with a software revision, will try to have that worked on at some point along with the aforementioned pointer movement issues.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back