Holset HE211W - Does anyone have a map for this?

0 Xero 0

Turbolover
I'm currently trying to pick my secondary turbo for a compound setup and the HE211W looks great on paper, but I can't seem to find a map for it. From the specs I've seen here, it flows as much as a HX30, but is similar in size to the HX25. Can anyone confirm or refute this? I've dredged around the interwebz and found these measurements for the 211:

Compressor - 40.6/50.6 mm, Trim 53 | Turbine - 46.6/41.3 mm Trim 79, 5 cm^2 housing

Does anyone know if these are correct or have a HE211 they would be willing to measure for me? Thanks!

There are a couple threads on 4bt swaps that have three info you are looking for. Keep in mind most any holset compressor map will end up being just an outline with max flow. without efficiency islands

I've looked on that site before, but as far as I know, those maps were for HX25s. I'll try looking again though... This is for a vw engine and may or may not use more than one turbo :D

Last edited:
there are lots of variations of the HE221W, some have billet wheels, some don't.
Its a neat little turbo, I've been thinking about picking one up for my 1.9 TDI

Does anyone know if these are correct or have a HE211 they would be willing to measure for me? Thanks!
That would be closer to an HX20. See the map I attached.

there are lots of variations of the HE221W, some have billet wheels, some don't.
All HE221's have a billet wheel. Those that don't are an older HX27.

Attachments

• Holset1 Light Duty compressor maps HX20-HX25-HE221.jpg
    Holset1 Light Duty compressor maps HX20-HX25-HE221.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
Woops, I thought he meant he221. Didn't even know there was a he211.
Luckylegs, good luck finding one, they are pretty rare. I have only came across them one or two times.
Wouldn't you think the he221 would be a better choice? A little bit bigger wheel, come in 5,6,8 cm housings.
More power ;)

That would be closer to an HX20. See the map I attached.

All HE221's have a billet wheel. Those that don't are an older HX27.

That is incorrect, there are variations with cast wheels, legit variations.

D4043978 is MFS = billet
D4043976 is cast.

Believe it or not, the best place to order these is China. Be careful where you get it and what you're getting, they also have lots of copies. These turbos are made in China for Holset.

yes, the 221 is a much better choice, the 211 map fits inside the 221 map, might get better response out of the 211 because its smaller but I'd still recommend the 221 and pick the correct HP turbo to go with it.

Last edited:
Jfettig is correct, I've had HE221W with both MFS and cast compressors, and I've had several HE211W turbos as well ;)

I've only come across HE221W with 7cm and 6cm turbine housings, but the 8.5cm housing from HX27W would fit the HE221W as they are absolutely 100% identical on the hot side (same wheel, same v-band connection on CHRA)

In the search for a perfect single wastegated turbo for a 1.6/1.9TD(I) I've had two 5cm HE211W turbine housings machined to fit the bigger HE221W. We will see how it performs soon as a friend is fitting it to his BMW 318TDS (1.7 IDI), he will be logging boost vs. back pressure and he has a very capable fuel pump to match.

HE221W has a wider map and covering the HE211W map completely, but compressor efficiency is lower due to the ported shroud.

Another friend will be running an HE221W MFS with 6cm turbine on his VW 1.6TD (IDI) and I will be running the HE221W with 7cm turbine housing matched to a very potent HP turbo in a sequential setup on my VW 1.6TD. Will be an interesting season :)

Back