Turbo Sizing Calculator

0 Xero 0

Turbolover
Hi, everyone,

I made a thread a while back where I introduced a sizing calculator for turbos. I've made countless tweaks to it and I'm finally happy with it. This calculator works for compounds, parallel twins, or staged twins. You just have to take a little time to see how to use it for configurations that are uncommon. I've also added all the compressor maps I've collected and made them available to you all. I hope this will be useful to you.

Cheers
:Cheer:

Turbo Sizing Calculator

Last edited:
If I could get all the info to make turbine maps I'd be elated! The only manufacturer who publishes turbine maps that I know of is Garrett sadly. That being said, I loved the challenge of creating this calculator, so I might as well take a crack at it. I could probably find underlying patterns and tests to extrapolate turbine flows... I'm on it!

Well I'm trying to be optimistic about making a turbine sizing calculator, but everything I've found points to it being impossible to make static formulae for. Yes, Garrett has turbine maps, but those I don't know what the static conditions were. When OEMs do this, they measure inlet pressure, outlet pressure, temperature, back pressure and they're coupled to the rest of the turbo, which varies between manufacturers. Wheel construction on both sides differ, CHRA designs differ... And that's not even taking into account differences in manifold design, porting, exhaust design, or myriad other parameters. I'm going to see if there is a general direction I can go on based on trending data from the Garrett data, but I'm not optimistic. Sorry, I'd love to make one as much as you'd like to have one.

Thanks! I'm glad some people like it. I tried to make it as simple as possible to use. Also, I haven't given up on a turbine-sizing tool, but at this point the best I can do is to give more of a suggestion of what to use rather than hard calculations like I did for the compressor side.

Back