TPMS delete?

Snedge

Comp Diesel Sponsor
2014 Dodge Ram. How can we get the TPMS light to go out with aftermarket wheels? Any tuners that will to this?

I know some Vette guys pressurize a sealed piece of PVC pipe and mount the sensors in there. Throw the pipe in your backseat and you're golden.

Not sure how the Dodge system works but I wouldn't think it's much different.

How are the sensors mounted in the OEM's? Can they not be put in the new ones? Just here for the info....I have no idea, sir.

I know some Vette guys pressurize a sealed piece of PVC pipe and mount the sensors in there. Throw the pipe in your backseat and you're golden.

Hell...that's dang near brilliant.

Last edited:
Why won't the TPMS sensors go in the aftermarket wheels?

WAL-Ez-TPMS.jpg

2014 Dodge Ram. How can we get the TPMS light to go out with aftermarket wheels? Any tuners that will to this?

We just stripped a newer car here that had A/M wheels on them. Dismounted the tires and the whole valve stem/TPMS sensor epoxied to the inside of the wheel. I guess it worked? Haha

Not sure how the Dodge system works but I wouldn't think it's much different.

Not sure I want a 75psi pipe bomb in my truck :poke:

The sensors are not really the issue. He wants to run lower air pressure than the factory set 80+ psi.

Tpms sensors can can swapped no problem. When I got my new tires and wheels at discount they just pulled my sensors out of the stock ones and put in the new ones. There is no tpms delete or tuner with tpms tuning available. I have heard of people just putting all four sensors in the spare tire and airing it up. Not sure how that would work with individual corner monitoring.

The biggest problem we are going through with the 14 tpms is the pressure. Factory system will set dash light and evic will pop up in the tpms screen every time you start the truck if the fronts aren't at 60psi and rear at 80psi.

I took my truck to the dealer to have the threshold lowered to 50psi all the way around. They did, but the light is still on and still have the same issue as before. Only difference is now it says air up to 50psi even with the sensors reading 52psi. Dealer refunded my money and im waiting on a solution.

On gm stuff we can go in and change the low tire set point. It still needs the sensor and needs to register pulses when driving for the light to stay off. You may be able to change that with a modus or similar but I haven't messed with to many other makes to see if it's an option.

I wonder what the hysteresis of the monitor is. It might be that it won't trigger the light until you drop below 40 psi or some other number. Air up the tires past the 80 psi to get the lights to go off. Then back one down slowly and see how low you can go until you get the light. You might could drop 10-20 psi without a trigger, but you must start high to get the monitor to think you are ok.

It is something to try for free.

I wonder what the hysteresis of the monitor is. It might be that it won't trigger the light until you drop below 40 psi or some other number. Air up the tires past the 80 psi to get the lights to go off. Then back one down slowly and see how low you can go until you get the light. You might could drop 10-20 psi without a trigger, but you must start high to get the monitor to think you are ok.

It is something to try for free.

Doesn't work jory. I tried it.

Doesn't work jory. I tried it.

Well poo. So much for K.I.S.S.

I'd just put them all in the spare. Screw it. Do the new trucks have specific corner monitoring as in LF, RF, LR, RR or just give you a "tire is low" indicator?

I don't guess it would matter if they were all in the spare would it? Surely they aren't smart enough to know if they all have the exact same pressure you are being crafty.

I'm not sure if the sensor is coded in or sorta bluetooths/transmits it's way over. I assume it transmits because if a guy rotated tires it would mess it all up. And yes it shows each corner in the evic.

Sounds like a product someone needs to research, produce, and sell. A TPMS fooler. All we need to do it figure out what the sensors are transmitting and how and reproduce the signals. I doubt it is Bluetooth. Probably microwave signal. Rotation won't affect it if they are smart enough to send a request and get a reply. The elapsed time from the monitor to each sensor will tell them which tire position is responding if the master if located off center in the vehicle.

Last edited:
We talked about using an on-board air tank, and then rewiring the sensors to it. Seems like an awful lot of pissing around to get a light to go out.

It's just stupid.

Back