Black Friday/ Cyber Monday Deals?

diesel_importer

Just curious if you were running any deals? Just got my compound setup installed and need some blankets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never looked into blankets much, worth it for DD/tow truck? The hotpipe of my compounds is wrapped, but figured it was to keep the firewall protected.

I've always wanted one just to lower the underhood temps a little. Now with twins, the secondary is close to wiring, insulation, etc so I really want one. I may have to wrap wiring, also.

Never looked into blankets much, worth it for DD/tow truck? The hotpipe of my compounds is wrapped, but figured it was to keep the firewall protected.

I'm running a single in the flipped position so it's pretty close to my hood that's why I wanted one, also for the under hood temps.

Yes. You'll never get the blankets too hot to touch with your hand. That should give you an idea on the difference in heat containment. They aren't miracle workers, they won't make a bad setup good but they will make a good setup better.

Lower underhood temps, lower intake temps, fixed turbos tend to pic up 1-3 psi overall boost vs. no blankets, from the added drive created from the heat containment. Larger, laggier setups, gain better initial spool up but just about every setup gets better mid-range spool from adding blankets. There is more to it but that's the condensed version. Happy to answer any other questions anyone might have.

This may be a dumb question, but can you build a manifold blanket in 2 pieces? I wish I would have bought that one BeFORE installing the twin kit.

This may be a dumb question, but can you build a manifold blanket in 2 pieces? I wish I would have bought that one BeFORE installing the twin kit.

You're running the manifold flipped right? How about I just put a seam in blanket on what would normally be on top but would be on bottom in your setup, with a slit from the edge of the blanket on the head side to the turbo flange hole? Then you can just wrap the blanket around the manifold without having to disassemble anything. No difference in performance, would never know the slit was there unless you look from underneath.

Awesome. I just saw the email that my stuff shipped. Did you send the normal blanket? Sorry, I should have checked on this earlier.

Awesome. I just saw the email that my stuff shipped. Did you send the normal blanket? Sorry, I should have checked on this earlier.

I put a seam in the bottom of the blanket for a slit and marked it but didn't cut it. You can cut it if you need to install it with turbos still installed. You should be good to go but shout if you have any questions when they show up.

Saw your blankets..which one for an hx60 from harts and do you make your hood stack cover s in different colors

T6 S400 blanket will probably be close. I'd have you pull a quick measurement so I can tailor the blanket to your specific housing and a/r though.

Back