Sub Suggestions

SPEEDSHIFT

I want to put a new sub in my 04. I have a q-power box under the rear seat that holds one 10" sub. I will list the box specs below.

The amp I am using is a JL Audio G1700 Class D monoblock amp. It is rated at 700w at 2ohm.

I want something that will fit while staying under $200.

Box Specs:
Airspace: .69 Cu.Ft.
Mounting Depth: Up to 7" depending on subwoofer construction.
5" depth: magnet width no more than 6 1/4"
6" depth: magnet width no more than 5 1/4"
7" depth: magnet width no more than 4 1/4"

sonicelectronix.com has a handful subs that will work. I have 2 JL audio 12" under my back seat. The Rockford fosgates are pretty nice too.

I have a rockford fosgate 10". I've had it for ~8 years. Sounds great, hits hard enough for me, and is obviously dependable. Really slim design as well. Beyond that I don't know chit about sound system things LOL

I like JL Audio stuff, but I dont want to get tied up into the name if there is something better for less or the same amount of money. Right now I have a JL Audio 10w0 that I had in my truck when I was 16... so I have had these subs for 16 years. LOL

Figured there has got to be something better by now. haha

I was looking at the RE Audio SEX10, I remember reading a while they were supposed to be pretty good.

I used to have a better idea on matching subs and amps. Would need to dig up my notes on all this from 10-12 years ago.

Honestly, I would contact the folks at crutchfield and pick their brains. I have never been given wrong or bad advice from them over the years. Buy most of audio equipment from them as well.

Same here, I used to be able to rattle off what would work but I have been out of the game so long im sure things have changed.

I remember when Focal was a budget brand. lol

I'm a big fan of the shallow mount P3's (Punch 3) from Rockford Fosgate. I've tried the JL Audio's equivalent, MTX, and then said **** it and put a 15" L7 Kicker in my truck. The best sound was definitely the P3's. The kicker is pretty good on quality, but holy cow is it loud!

Same here, I used to be able to rattle off what would work but I have been out of the game so long im sure things have changed.

I remember when Focal was a budget brand. lol

And Shiner bock was sold at bottom of the barrel beer prices.

I remember Jensen subs being top dog around here.

I have an old Punch brand sub. 2ohm. It's been reconed and sitting in a climate controlled room ever sense. Used to work that sub hard!! PM if interested. Price will be right.

Back