turbo for 2.6 class

I have looked at the D66 chragers, its basically a worked over stock turbo... I am def gonna go with the irate T4 mount, just not sure what turbo at the moment...

1peice- if im back in town from pittsburg the 12th I will be down to fonda just waching.... meet new peeps and see how the leage is comming about for the first year..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have looked at the D66 chragers, its basically a worked over stock turbo... I am def gonna go with the irate T4 mount, just not sure what turbo at the moment...

Irate Diesel performance •Power Stroke Performance

1peice- if im back in town from pittsburg the 12th I will be down to fonda just waching.... meet new peeps and see how the leage is comming about for the first year..

I think we are doing pretty good for a start up. Our biggest hurdle was we got things rolling under the pretense that we would be pulling on the race track where they set up for the fair pulls in front of the grand stand. The speedway folks put the kabosh on that so we had to build a track and re deck some bleachers pretty much last minute.

Do u have studs springs? Goin all out and doin girdle as well? I don't see u spinning a big s400 with just 160cc injectors

just pulled my heads for some port n polish.. gonna install head studs, and will prolly get some 910 comp cams for sure... not going all out yet, its only got a 130k on the engine, (all in the family) I dont think I could spin a big 400 based turbo yet... would i benfit from spending the extra for a billit wheel? does it make that much a difference?

1peice- I was there for the opening day of your pulls at fonda, had a good turn out, it suxd the track was soaked though... did you guys bring in clay and turn up the track??

H2E is a nice setup, but its alot of $$ and takes alot of work to install.... I'm sure the T4 mount system is no picnic to install eaither... any one on here have any expirence with eaither set up??

just pulled my heads for some port n polish.. gonna install head studs, and will prolly get some 910 comp cams for sure... not going all out yet, its only got a 130k on the engine, (all in the family) I dont think I could spin a big 400 based turbo yet... would i benfit from spending the extra for a billit wheel? does it make that much a difference?

1peice- I was there for the opening day of your pulls at fonda, had a good turn out, it suxd the track was soaked though... did you guys bring in clay and turn up the track??

Yeah the clay was there, we didnt need to bring it in, we just needed to deal with the ground water. After our less than successful test and tune we put in a drainage system, scraped off a foot of top soily crap (which disked, packed, rolled and even pulled decent in the early spring when things were dry before the groundwater came up) hogged out a foot of clay, trucked in and laid 18" of gravel then put that clay back on top. With everything all dried out we are hoping for a smooth pull in august at fonda.

400/400s, gen3 or dual termy hpops, studs, springs, push rods, s475 clipped for protrusion, good clutch or trans, water to air ic and some very aggressive tuning. Then when a stock forged rod comes through the side of the block a set of billet rods and a girdle.

That's will get you up there. Then from there on setup tuning for it. Good thing is our obs's are lite, so you can hang alot of weight out front.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Yeah the clay was there, we didnt need to bring it in, we just needed to deal with the ground water. After our less than successful test and tune we put in a drainage system, scraped off a foot of top soily crap (which disked, packed, rolled and even pulled decent in the early spring when things were dry before the groundwater came up) hogged out a foot of clay, trucked in and laid 18" of gravel then put that clay back on top. With everything all dried out we are hoping for a smooth pull in august at fonda.

2000 ft of pipe and 1200 yards of gravel

400/400s, gen3 or dual termy hpops, studs, springs, push rods, s475 clipped for protrusion, good clutch or trans, water to air ic and some very aggressive tuning. Then when a stock forged rod comes through the side of the block a set of billet rods and a girdle.

That's will get you up there. Then from there on setup tuning for it. Good thing is our obs's are lite, so you can hang alot of weight out front.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

You'll definitely be competitive around here with that setup :rockwoot:

I've never seen the mount you talking about but as long as its decent quality and a T4.
If it was me I'd just start with a smaller S400 64/65/66mm compressor. They are cheap enough and you can always pick up a cheap 71mm or 75mm wheel and comp housing down the road to upgrade.
Here is a few pics of the setup I done on a friends Stroker a few years ago and he was very pleased. It was a S465/83-74/.90 T4 charger was less than $800 he was running stgIII hybrids and a Adrenaline HPOP. It was fun on the street but I think for a 7.3 it needed a much larger exhaust housing. Maybe a 1.10 A/R T4 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343786512.436654.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343786823.536940.jpg

nice looking setup benm.... I will look into a s400 based charger... why do u say your buddies truck needed a bigger exhaust housing?

Based on EGT's and drive pressure. I felt it was choking it above 3000 RPM

Data logging HPO and fuel was spot on were we needed so them areas were not a issue. We worked with Bob on the preproduction Adrealine testing and he tweaked the findl design a bit for our needs more than the production unit and the fuel system was a AirDog 150 (flow and filtering) feeding into a Raptor for pressure. And Areomotive regulated return.

But I think a .90 T4 would be fine with the Stg2's you have. If you don't mind a little lag maybe try a larger exhaust housing.

With a pedestal set up its not to hard to pull the turbo and swap to some different housings. They are fairly cheap (~$200)and they sell around here in the for sale section pretty quick for $1-150 used. So you wouldnt lose much to try some options.

You can choose from .90, 1.00, 1.10, 1.25 A/R sizes in a T4 flange

Okn sounds good, thanks for the info BenM... Do you think my stage 2's would spool a 400 series turbo?? Is there a good 400 series turbo in the 2.6 size? Or would I have to bush it down?? What does "clipping" mean?

Just to add: if your doing the springs and studs and all the upgrades you have currently I think you will like the smaller S400's. Maybe a larger size if you dont mind a little lag and dont tow.

They will spool nicely on the street and there worlds ahead of the stock upgrades and the aftermarket offerings that are available. The strength of them. Shaft size and most of all the ease of upgrading.

The options are endless for the B/W S400 they range from a 63.5mm compressor to a 88mm atleast 20 or more different wheels, cast, billet, FMW, different blade counts.
There is I think 7 different turbine wheels and 4-5 different sizes of housings for each in a T4 & T6 flanges size.

And most of the off the shelf box unit are very reasonably priced. For what they want for the GTP38r will get you a nice billet wheeled S400 that will outflow and outlast it any day.

Keep in mind the higher compression and the bigger displacement. You can run alot bigger turbo and spool it easier than us "wittle" 5.9 guys. Lol
A bigger turbo if you can deal with little bit of lag on a 7.3 is a good thing to save you rods from playing peekaboo with the frame.

Just my opinion.

Back