07 Newbie Q's

dodgediesel4x4

Ok, where to begin...

My 01 p-pumped 24v has a blown ring (I'm assuming) and I stumbled across an 07 3500 drw qc 4x4 with a 6spd for $27k-ish that has around 29k on the odometer. It has a flatbed (which I need/want) and I'm assuming thats a good deal. I havn't driven or seen the truck yet, but will soon, and if all seems right, I think I'm gonna buy it.

I dont know crap about the 6.7s. I don't know if it has the nv5600 or the g56. How can I tell the difference? I've done some reading on all the deletes, but not sure if I'm willing to risk the warrenty issuses. I haven't talked to my local dealer yet to see how picky they are about that stuff, I will though if I buy the truck. I haven't had warrenty on a truck in close to 7 years, so thats why I'm hesitant to do anything to void it.

If my dealer is "cool" then obviously I'm going to do the deletes, but not sure what else I should do for what I need/want.

I pull 7-15k weekly and would like to optimize my milage loaded/unloaded. I know how to on the 5.9's, but not a clue on the 6.7's. From what I have read, a smarty jr (or reg smarty) sounds like my best bet. Any other ideas or tips? (I don't plan on ever going over 500hp on this truck)

all 6.7s have the g56. 27 sounds kinda high. also if it were me I would do all the deletes and put a smarty, and a 2 micron filter or a air dog on and not worry about the warranty. after its deleted and has good fuel filtration there should not be any problems and it will get way better milage. just my opinion

I did buy it and it runs good for a stocker. The bad thing, my local dealer said that warrenty is void if I do anything to it, just about. I haven't had warrenty in close to 10 yrs...but I do miss the power of my old rig. Desicions, desicions

Just do it and don't look back. Dodge won't warranty crap anyway. You motor will also thank you for it. I also recomend studs if you are gonna tow or rip on it!

Buy it do the deletes and you won't look back engine will be much happier. When mike at Lazarsmith pilled my head and I saw it it was rediculous how much egr build up was in the cast elbow makes me sick and mine only ran the egr/dpf for 1600 miles trust me much better on the engine to delete early
-Lucus-

Last edited:
Just do it and don't look back. Dodge won't warranty crap anyway.

I personally know of a guy locally who took his 6.7 in and they voided his warranty because of "contaminated" fuel. He had some "sediment" in his fuel filter. A bad injector, piston, and $8k later, he said *@#% dodge and their warranty. I think I may have made up my mind on the question at hand here.../

Back