2007 F250 SD PSD 6.0 Tunes

John Hagen

Hi Viv & DJ. I have seen you guys mentioned on many other message boards but this is the first one that I found you have a dedicated message thread. :clap: Thanks for all of the information you freely share. It is greatly appreciate by those of us learning new things about diesels.:thankyou2:

I have an F250 SD 6.0 that I use for my daily commute to work and towing a 9,000 pound 5th wheel. I Would like more towing power (climbing mountain grades) and better economy on the street and while towing.

:umno: I am pondering buying the SCT 1805 and any appropriate tunes. Main goal is as mentioned, better MPG and more towing power in the mountains. Is there a solution to my needs? I am not looking to run the 1/4 mile in less than 10.0, and I am not trying to lite my tires :ft: to impress the younger generation (I am 55). :tree:

I also don't want to blow the head gaskets, turbo, or any other part that will reduce my bank account because I added more power and economy.

All that said, will the SCT 1805 and tunes meet my needs or am I better off staying stock? If moving to the SCT is the answer, do I really need the additional gauges (boost, water, tranny, EGT) added to the truck? Would I be entering the zone where the gauges would be highly recommended? If they are recommended, do I need 2-EGTs instead of one?

Thanks!

John Hagen

yes you need gauges, no only 1 pryo, mounted pre-turbo. You might also look at a 4" turbo back exhaust, along with the SCT custom tuned by Dj and Vivian, they will get you what you need.

Hi John,

:thankyou2:

First I have to tell you the the 1805 is a Superchips not an SCT (Superchips Tuning). Although their names are very similar they are not affiliated. What we offer with custom tuning are the SCT Xcal2 http://www.sctflash.com/product_xc2.php and SCT Livewire http://www.sctlivewire.com.

Based on what you are looking for, we can work with you but would prefer to speak with you. Please feel free to call us 352-528-0688 or send me an email vivian@dj-performance with your telephone number and we will call you.

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. :thankyou2: Dex

Last edited:
Back