Race Fuel?

Burner

slow poke
If you run #2 only..... can you use Bio-Diesel? I was thinking about different ways folks thin Bio-Diesel out and the question hit me.:doh:

So, can you run Bio-Diesel in a #2 race? Can you run it in any race?

I'm pretty sure this is a new question and doesn't present a problem at the moment. However, with the price of fuel and what folks make in the basement it could be a problem, I think.

I could be wrong, but I think that one of the dragstars runs on bio, but like I said I could be wrong. I really don't think it matters what you run at a race though as long as it had diesel in the name:rockwoot:

About the race fuel, is Royal Purple the stuff you are tlaking about. It sure has a different smell to it when the trucks go down the track, thats for sure.

C-ya

I think the name is Pure Purple. RP is oil, :1tooth: Last I knew PP went under. I couldn't find anything on the link I got handed. It may require a little tweak to the tune. Cetane is pretty high. Anyone know anything about this stuff. The facts, just the facts, please. :smileglasses: Where can ya get it?

Well at work when we do fuel studies on equipment we use what we know as Dyno Fuel, it is under heavy quality control and usually carries about a 55 cetane. I haven't seen actual BTU numbers but I hear it is about 3000 BTU higher per gallon than #2. It is allot more expensive. I would like to run a tank in the stroker.

Bone

I've been running straight #2 with no add ins. This is interesting. I'd like to try something different!

I've heard of a diesel fuel that might add some hp although im not going to say what it is untill i see some results. I was given first hand accounts about how its better but all i heard was blah blah blah dyno graph ....

Back