Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (GM/Allison)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
IdahoRob

Name: IdahoRob
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
LML EFI Live testing results

We did some distance testing and have some results on the ATP 2013 LML; This truck is a 3500 CCSB with 400 miles on it before this test so not broken in. The weight of the truck was 7650lbs when driven across the scales at a highway weigh station with ¾ tank of fuel. Totally stock with nothing added or taken off from the way the factory built it.

Stock tune averaged 17.95 mpg and averaged 11.3 miles per gram of soot accumulated, no regen during this time (250 mile run).

Street tune averaged 18.28 and had a regen during this test. Averaged 22.7 miles per soot gram (230 mile run)

Dyno/high performance tune averaged 19.38 mpg and averaged an amazing 112.75 miles per soot gram, no regen during this time (500 mile run).

Speedo limiter is tested and confirmed to be removable and cruise still works fine.

So an 8% average in fuel economy but a great reduction in soot at a minimum. This should increase fuel savings over a longer test as the truck will not regen as frequently. I’m not sure about DEF costs as the truck doesn’t seem to be using any. More testing will be done to see how the street tune does without a regen and to confirm the crazy soot reduction on the high performance tune.

So testing is going well. There are many tests still to be run but things are looking great. Overall this thing rips right now with the high performance tune. It has a pretty rapid climb in soot production when bombing around town beating on it so I have some work to do there. Around town MPG has been in the 15.5-16 range testing different tunes and a very heavy peddle including burn outs and power braking and spool up tests.

We don't have a time frame on the release as we are still working on parameters and testing.

"Max'd Out" SoCal Engine, Randy's Trans, DDP 9.36@154 MPH SS legal trim.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
Rustin

Name: Rustin
Title: Let the Beatings Begin!
Member`s Gallery
Interesting. I'm really interested in the soot numbers. It would be nice to convince CARB and EPA that we don't need these DPF systems. I believe the DEF is supposed to help lesson the DPF regeneration, while cleaning up the NOX output. I'm confident that you will be able to squeeze 22mpg when you get closer to finished.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
DirtyMaxx03

Name: DirtyMaxx03
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Didn't y'all slap the LmL on the rollers at Alligators dyno day? What did she do?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
IdahoRob

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMaxx03 View Post
Didn't y'all slap the LmL on the rollers at Alligators dyno day? What did she do?
Yes and it didn't like it. The ABS kicked on at 2400 rpm and applied the brakes aborting the pass. Made 386HP at 2400 rpm and the curve was rising fast from the 2000 rpm start until it shut down at 2400. We'll get it back on the dyno and fool the abs after world finals for further testing.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
joelc79

Name: joelc79
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Rob, anymore update on this?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
IdahoRob

Member`s Gallery
Yes sir. Still running full factory emissions without a lift pump. Basically tuning only and the truck runs 14.4 @ 9x mph at 8050lbs. This is with 2.0 60' times. On the dyno it is making 440 with the same tune. I have turned it up a bit but rail psi drops without a lift pump. I'm planning on installing a lift pump and seeing what happens, but have had other priorities.

The truck runs very nice and is a blast to drive like this.

Last edited by IdahoRob; 06-02-2014 at 10:30 AM.

Closed Thread