Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (GM/Allison)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Sukkurpunch

Name: Sukkurpunch
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Dsp5 switch

I have a 2007.5 LMM with EFI Live and dsp5 switch.
I've had the truck for 3 months and the dsp5 switch a pin was broken in the ECM plug. So I replaced the switch. My question is how do I know that this switch it working? Is there much change between tunes for a noticeable power increase.
Haven't really tested truck out to see the difference. Are these trucks powerful stock. Never been in Or driven one a stock truck. So I really have no comparison. My truck feels like it is switching tunes. What is the time lapse between the tunes engaging? Is it instant? My truck also has 5 in exhaust, egr delete and bulldog lift pump with water separator. May have some other thing I don't know about. Sorry I'm rambling just trying to get as much information as possible to Learn about this truck.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank!!!

Old 01-27-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
LMMGilotine

Name: LMMGilotine
Title: High on Diesel
Member`s Gallery
The switch is instant. Who did your tunes, you should call them... my tunes are elevated idle, 65hp, 125hp econ, 150hp, 200hp and I can tell a noticeable difference on each setting. Do you have any type of gauges??
-08 GMC CCSB: Bullseye S475, Wehrli piping, Callie’s crank, wagler cam, SoCal rods, Mahle pistons, Burkett racing 2 stage heads, ARP’s, Exergy 150%, Exergy sportsman/ wehrli dual fuelers, Airdog 165, Suncoast Gmax trans w/ precision ML (2400 stall) billet convertor

Old 01-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Yes the switch is instant. If you know who wrote the tunes get in touch and see what you can find out. If the tranny is totally stock there probably isn't a big jump in hp between tunes. And yes these trucks are pretty quick and have a lot of power totally stock.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
Cooter69

Name: Cooter69
Member`s Gallery
You may be able to put your truck in drive and hold the brake pedal firmly to hear if the exhaust note changes. If it does, odds are those are either the hp tunes or stock tunes.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
IdahoRob

Name: IdahoRob
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Datalog using efi live. Very easy.

"Max'd Out" SoCal Engine, Randy's Trans, DDP 9.36@154 MPH SS legal trim.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
hpi_jeep

Name: hpi_jeep
Member`s Gallery
switching can be delayed up to 8 seconds. It is very typical they are set instant.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
DirtyMaxx03

Name: DirtyMaxx03
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
They are usually set around half a second.

Put the switch all the way to the right and floor the truck. With the skinny pedal to the floor turn the knob to the left slowly. Each click should be a power increase.

Or start on one side of the switch and while floored switch to the other side completely. There should be a very noticeable difference between the first and last tune.

Closed Thread