miss and white smoke

darmaley94

Hey guys. Today i went on the interstate and was doin about 70mph. It would kinda jump and puff a lil white smoke everytime it jumped or studdered. If its at 2000 rpm or lower it dont do it. Only when it gets above 2000rpm. My guess it carbon build up burnin off caus its been making a weird clicking noise and a lil miss at idle. A mechanic said it was probably build up causing the clicking. Could the jumping and white smoke be carbon build up burning off?

Injectors have less than 10k on them. None of them leak and they've all been tested good. Starts like a dream. Could a slightly leaking fuel filter do it? I forgot that the gasket on the bottom of the fuel filter leaks a lil

If air is getting in it would make it sputter and miss....but then again you might also lose prime and make starting cold a pain. How about rest of fuel system? Miles?

The rest of the system has about 145000 on it its original.when it would miss and sputter if you pushed the pedal on down it would just roll black smoke but if you cruise at one speed above 2000rpm it will do it. And never had a problem startin it. It fires up quick

Fuel system typically need replacement every 100k or so. You might be able to advance the timing, run some ATF through the IP and let it soak over night with the tranny fluid in it. And try to get some more time out of it...if that doesn't work, hey at least it was lot cheaper then throwing parts at it. I'd try that and go from there. Also, with the fuel filter, it leaking on the water drain spot?

I changed the fuel filter today and it helped alot. No more white smoke or miss. Apparently it was suckin in air at higher rpms

Back