Time for built bottom end on haul truck

smoke machine

After recent dyno numbers and plans for more fuel I decided to go ahead and start putting a bottom end together. The truck spends most of it's time hooked to my 40' dual tandem hauling anything we can fit on it so I'm looking for pointers on building a motor that can take the abuse. Planning to keep the 6.7 for the torque and the way it spools and already have Carrillo rods at the shop. Pretty much everything else is undecided at this time. Thanks in advance

After doing a little reading and thinking I think I'll go to the industrial bowled piston with good total seal rings, but still unsure of what compression ratio to shoot for

Unsure on the advantage but that's what's in my 6.4 from blacks and I figured if there running it there must be something to it. Had a little incident that has pushed my haul truck needing a built motor to the front of the line. Spare block and crank are headed to the machine shop

What's the fun in that? I now have to pull the motor due to and accident Already have the Carrillos so figured I would go ahead and do it right

I forgot that you posted in Dangerous06's thread. Sorry to be a post *****, I didn't mean to do that. I just want to hear some feedback on running slightly longer rods and custom pistons with corresponding wrist pin location to keep compression the same.

Are those the new Carillos specifically for 6.4's? If not, they are available. I don't know the specific angles on the 6.7 pistons, but that style in 5.9 piston has a 140* floor and on paper looks like a perfect match for the 143* injectors. Some of the shops doing tuning have posted many times that the wider spray pattern combined with the wide bowl seemed to run the cleanest, and made good power. There still have been some posts that they thought the flame front overshot the lip on the combustion cup and was cooking the top ring though.

Just grab a couple cases of beer and throw the rods in it. No fancy s*** in a tow rig... or else you will have another sled puller on your hands.

Well the motors out and on the stand. Gathering parts to put it back together. Thinking about using the kiss method but then keep thinking of which piston bowl and weather or not to do a blacks style 6.4 since I have a couple of 5.9 cranks. So many choices lol.

Our rods are designed for the guys that are over pushing Carrillo rods. From our experience in a heavy truck that spools good and makes north of 2000 foot pounds of torque Carrillos have failed. Our rods are for the guys pushing that hard. We do a lot of things to make these strong and light weight so it takes more time, material is more expensive, we use 1/2" rod bolts that torque to 150 pounds, and pressure lube the wrist pin to name a few. For that reason we can not compete with Carrillos prices. Also at that power level the longer rod is very beneficial.

Back