86 Chevy 1500 Pro Street Roller

1pieceatatime.

Comp Diesel Sponsor
So, My LB7 is sitting in a heap, it needs the trans gone through and I'm pretty much just over it and want it to go away. A local kid has an 86 Chevy Pro Street roller that was setup for a Super charged big block he wants to trade me for the truck. I have a mostly complete LLY core laying around, that likely has a bad wrist pin, maybe a rod bearing. The Kid with the roller also has an LB7 with all the engine wiring and likely a broken crank. (They LBZ swapped the 03 from a donor truck). I've got a 2wd TH400 sitting in the corner of my garage, as well as a few Allison Cores floating around.

What Kind of mess would I be getting myself into trying to put this thing together with a duramax to get my feet wet on the track?

Have you done a retrofit before? Biggest thing is wiring, and getting that th400 to hold power. What rear is under that truck?

And I'm not an lb7 advocate, but I think the wiring setup looks better on a swap like that.

I have not done a retrofit, I do work on these trucks day in and day out so I'm not necessarily scared of that end of it. I believe its a Dana 60 I'm the truck, but I'm really not for sure.

I could go Th400 or Allison, kinda on the fence. Not really sure if the Allison will fit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a neat swap. You know it's going to be tough. Jump in with both feet and get to know these folks on here. They will help ya through it.

Piece of cake.
Won't even have to narrow frame for 34.5x17 rubber
Lots of the fastest diesels these days are running a 400

Piece of cake.
Won't even have to narrow frame for 34.5x17 rubber
Lots of the fastest diesels these days are running a 400

Thats kind of encouraging. No one has coughed up the money for my LB7 yet, and this kid is still stoning me like once a week to swap him.

Back