7.3 loss of low end power

Without being able to see it personally it can be kinda difficult. It could be fuel, injectors, cac leak, lazy turbo. .. etc.

Map sensor- 13.35psi at idle

Injector control pressure 650psi at idle, 1450psi at 3000rpm steady

I forgot to mention before that if its below 40degrees my truck does not want to start and needs plugged in

Map is reading atmo pressure, so your elevation will determine what it's reading.

ICP at idle seems fine, but at 3000rpm is that foot to the floor? Stock HPOP? Swamps has a good write up on how to test your HPOP.

If it needs to be plugged in at 40* to start, need to check your GPR relay, and if its fine, test glow plugs individually. Then continue from there.

Yes the glows plugs and gpr are fine, they are brand new and i tested them and they worked. That wa holding the rpms steady at 3000. Yes its a stock hpop

Yes the glows plugs and gpr are fine, they are brand new and i tested them and they worked. That wa holding the rpms steady at 3000. Yes its a stock hpop

Something is going on then if it wont start below 40* without being plugged in.

Here is the HPOP test from swamps, I would also check that just to rule it out since you have scanner access

http://swampsdiesel.com/site/how_to_pdf/pdf/hpop.pdf

Have you checked it?..The turbo.

This too^ any play in the wheel? How do the wheels look?

I would pull the valve covers and see which injectors arent firing when you first start it while it's cold.

Back